Malkoff Question

5Sport

Enlightened
Everyone has pointed me to Malkoff for a drop in for my C3 and G2.

Many on this board rave about his products, and I believe you and wouldn't mind trying one.

Here is my dilemma. I E-Mailed him on monday asking him for some advice on what to buy for my lights, but as of this date, I haven't heard from him.

I believe that he is as good as everyone is saying, but what about customer support?

My Surefire P60L is ok, and I want something that performs better, but I also want some customer support.

Surefire is about 10 minutes from me and their support is excellent.

I also notice that he is out of stock on a couple of items and has been for some time. Is he still in business? :shrug:

FlashCrazy

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'd email him again. He's very busy at the moment with R&D on the new XP-G drop-ins, so perhaps he overlooked your email. He gets flooded with emails, and I know how easy it is to let an email slip by. Gene's products and support are outstanding, so don't worry about that all. :D

MrGman

Flashlight Enthusiast
He has excellent customer support. He is coming out with a new product line that he is working on and is extremely busy right now. His products are top notch. They very very rarely every fail and if they do, you get a replacement no questions asked. His website tells you almost everything you need to know about his product line and what's not there is covered here on many many pages. Just do a search on the word Malkoff and watch what comes back.

The M60 is a great drop in for the C2. The plastic G2 is not a good host for high power LEDs in general as it can't help to draw away the heat and so the M60L (for low power) would be best for that unit. Its more powerful than the stock G2L model's LED but not as powerful as the M60. His websit tells you pretty accurately the lumen output of all models.

Gene43

Enlightened
5Sport, I apologise for not responding. It is possible I missed it or it was lost in space. Some days I get over 100 emails and yes I am crazy busy with prototyping and getting ready to go to SHOT. I happily take phone calls if you would like to call me at the number on the website.

Thanks, Gene

Chrontius

Flashlight Enthusiast
One more happy report about Mr. Malkoff's customer service on any normal day - they were ready to send me a second module at the drop of a hat after the post "lost" mine. While I momentarily considered saying yes, I chased it down a few hours (x_x) later at one of many post offices nearby... worth the wait, but you totally won't want to have to wait, and you'll never go back. "Throws like a theatre spotlight" was my first reaction; I went for the M60 in spite of my better instincts. It was brighter, and still ran longer than the P60 it replaced.

(edit: wow, way to ramble. Try them, you won't regret it... unless the XP-G module comes out the day after you order.)

Vesper

Enlightened
Awesome product and support. You can't go wrong. I'm sure like most self-run small businesses things get nuts and it sometimes takes a few days to get caught up on the non-stop stream of email. Anyway, this forum would be the best place to get help for which drop-in would best fit for your needs.

icpd30

Newly Enlightened
I bought my first Malkoff M60 a few days/weeks ago, after spending many, many hours on this site and many, many, many more on the entire web searching, researching and learning. I decided to see what all the hype was about.

If I said I was overwhelmed, it would be an understatement. Jaw dropping? Awe inspiring? Head shaking? Oh yeah.

I've been in law enforcement for almost 25 years (April 2010). I've seen a lot of lights that departments have supplied for their officers, and some that the officers have purchased for themselves. I must have fallen asleep in my middle law-enforcement years, as I don't remember LEDs coming forward and the big change that has occurred. About 20 years ago I bought my first personally owned light - a Surefire Z2 Combat Light. It was awesome. A few years later when the newness and awesome-ness wore off, I upgraded to a P61or whatever it might have been at the time. The awesomeness returned once again and stayed with me until a few years ago. I, of course, started working less dark-time hours and more daylight hours and eventuallly the Z2 just got left behind as I tried to lighten my equipment belt.

Until a few years ago.

I was chosen as out department's only K-9 handler and began working more night-time hours. The old Streamlight SL-20 that the department issued wasn't good enough anymore...the old saying that two is one and one is none started to haunt me so I started researching flashlights once again. Which brings us to the present day and my Malkoff purchase.

There may be better things on the market, who knows. A person could spend a lifetime studying, looking, buying, and trying to find 'the perfect light.' But the Malkoff I recently purchased and first installed into my Z2, then later into a newly purchased 9P, couldn't make me happier, feel more satisfied, and SAFE while I do my job. In fact, a co-worker asked me today for some recommedations for a new flashlight "since I know so much about them..." (oh boy! i don't know jack.)

I am certainly and unhesitatingly steering him toward some kind of flashlight with a Malkoff drop-in. On Friday this week, when he returns to work, we are planning on meeting during our shift. I'll have a bunch of lights to show him. And I'm absolutely positive he will be as impressed as I was when I saw what a Malkoff drop-in will do to an 'ordinary' flashlight.

I'm a customer for life. (Literally, my life depends on my light.)

ICPD30

Policetacteam

Enlightened
I would strongly agree with icpd30! When your life depends on your gear you spend a little more for obvious reasons! Gene's drop-ins are quality from the build, R&D, to the final product. You get what you pay for and like I tell my fellow officers, "You only have to buy quality once!" Stick it out...the wait is worth it!

Cartman

Newly Enlightened
Everyone has pointed me to Malkoff for a drop in for my C3 and G2.

Many on this board rave about his products, and I believe you and wouldn't mind trying one.

Here is my dilemma. I E-Mailed him on monday asking him for some advice on what to buy for my lights, but as of this date, I haven't heard from him.

I believe that he is as good as everyone is saying, but what about customer support?

My Surefire P60L is ok, and I want something that performs better, but I also want some customer support.

Surefire is about 10 minutes from me and their support is excellent.

I also notice that he is out of stock on a couple of items and has been for some time. Is he still in business? :shrug:

Gene is very good about returning my emails and I've been more than happy with the three M60's I purchased. Just buy one and you won't regret it.

bigchelis

Flashlight Enthusiast
The only main issue with Malkoff products is one is never enough and soon you will find yourself asking where all the money go:confused:

His M60 are great, but I like the M30 better. Wait; now there is the XP-G comming soon. It never ends:nana:

mbw_151

Enlightened
I have Malkoff drop-ins in all my "critical application" lights, all 10 of them. These are lights that I depend on working if I have to reach for them. Surefire bodies with twist switches and single level Malkoff dropins. They are in my boat, in my cars, and right next to the Gun Vaults in my house. I've never had one fail, a great product from a great small company.

BigMHoff

Newly Enlightened
I have Malkoff drop-ins in all my "critical application" lights, all 10 of them. These are lights that I depend on working if I have to reach for them. Surefire bodies with twist switches and single level Malkoff dropins. They are in my boat, in my cars, and right next to the Gun Vaults in my house. I've never had one fail, a great product from a great small company.

First, he said Gun Vaults. Plural. LOL. God bless America.

Second, I LOVE my MD4 Wildcat. :candle:

5Sport

Enlightened
Gene,

Thanks for the reply here, I will call or E-Mail you tomorrow when I get to work. 0900 Pacific Time

Thanks

dougie

Enlightened
I'm over in the UK and have bought several things from Gene and never had a problem with the drop-ins. On one order there was a mistake and Gene and Cathy sorted it out even though they lost money on the deal. I cant tell you how impressed I was with that sort of service. I've used a G2z with a M60L dropin for nearly a year now in my job as a paramedic. I cant fault the quality of Gene's work or the service he provides. 'IF' you can find better service in the States please let me know because it'll be damn hard work!:twothumbs

zwerky

Newly Enlightened
I'm new a new Malkoff customer as of a month ago and I am highly impressed with their work and customer service.

I got the restock email for the 2-3 D Maglite drop-in yesterday, bought one fairly soon after and I am glad i I did! They are SOLD OUT already!

kyhunter1

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yep, found myself :broke: to Malkoff several times over the past 15 months I have been a member of CPF. It really never does end and never will. Keep up the good work Gene. :party: If it's not Malkoff, then it's the Quarks, maybe Modoo's new triples/quads, oh wait, there is a new Surefire..... The cycle continues.

The only main issue with Malkoff products is one is never enough and soon you will find yourself asking where all the money go:confused:

His M60 are great, but I like the M30 better. Wait; now there is the XP-G comming soon. It never ends:nana:

Last edited:

5Sport

Enlightened
Re: Malkoff Question - Update

Gene E-Mailed me at work on friday and I look forward to trying his products.

He recommended the M60 which is out of stock. Does anyone have any beam shots and runtime on 3 CR123 batteries for my C3.

Thanks all for you rcomments and help