Maratac AAA stopped working - disassemble?

barnefko

Newly Enlightened
Hi
I bought a maratac AAA in october via standardBatterys group-buy. It worked fine until three days ago when i turned it on it did a short *flash* and was dead. Fine, i thought, maybe it's the battery. Changed it but still dead. I left the battery in the light and let it turned on, as i thought it was dead. Two minutes later the light turned on by itself and worked until today.

Today, the same happened. First *flash* then nothing, let it turned on and some minutes later it worked like a charm.

My question: sending the light in for quarantee is more expensive than buy a new one as i live in sweden.
SO should i disassemble the head and take a look or would i just destroy a halv functioning light? do you guys hava any idea what the problem could be? Does this sound like a driver issue, contact issue or is the emitter defect?

hmmm - as is is for now i can't use a light i can't rely on....

PS: i only use eneloop AAA's.

ynotfatboy

Newly Enlightened
Mine was bottoming out before making good contact with the pill. Country Comm sent me a new one but I'm in the US. Mabey you could put a slim copper washer arround the outside of the inside of the flaslight head.