Several weeks with an Olight M21 Warrior

Stainz

Enlightened
I was toying with a new higher output S-F E2DL when Santa got me an Olight M21... the 500L from the emitter got me. A few weeks later...

I like the M21. No, it isn't significantly brighter than my older E2DL - maybe even just barely so. It is warmer - and has a bit more spill, though the 'bright spot seems similar in size at 20 ft. I removed the scalloped center ring and clip, replacing same with the spacer provided. It feels much better now in the hand. That 'big head' takes it out of the inside the pocket carry for most. Oddly, the E2DL's clip doesn't bother me. The only clip I use is the little E1b Backup's. The first thing I do with a new pocket knife is to remove the clip, too.

Operationally, I don't like the power level change by twisting the head. The scalloped edge around the tailcap switch isn't proud of the rubber boot, so it won't stand on the tailcap like the E2DL. If the tailcap isn't tight, CR123As rattle - the cell holder ID is somewhat larger than the CR123As, possibly for the rechargeable packs. After two minutes on high standing on the front on my desk, the E2DL was very slightly warmer - the M21's heat sink/radiators work. Oddly, after all of the comparisons & use since Christmas (3 wk tomorrow), the M21's original pair of S-F (All I use.) CR123As were just down to 2.99V each.

I like the M21, but doubt I'd choose it over the newest E2DL now. It has 'novelty' working for it. There is also the box-o-stuff, carrying tube for spareccells, the carry tote, and the usual replacement parts. I still like it - I guess it has a home. No real need - or special function - just write this one off to my LED Flashlight Addiction. Yeah... it's neater than a lot of others in the big drawer...

Stainz