P60 led dropin pill/reflector thermal path?

Liteskr42

Newly Enlightened
So, I have a Dereelight P60 led dropin. It has a threaded pill that screws into the reflector. Would it be of any benefit to the thermal conductivity path between the pill and the reflector if I applied a thin coating of thermal paste or even thermal epoxy to the threads and mated them back together? I have noticed the pill will easily unscrew from the reflector anyway and maybe the thermal epoxy would also serve to keep it screwed in better too?

kyhunter1

Flashlight Enthusiast
Would probably be very little difference if any just from coating the threads alone. A better ideas is to wrap the sides of the drop in with layers of copper tape or aluminum foil so it fits snug inside the well of the host. If you do this, you will feel the difference. The host will heat up faster letting you know that heat is being dissapated.

joshconsulting

Enlightened
Cut an empty aluminum pop can into strips, steel wool the coating off, and wrap them around the LED until you have to force it in reasonably hard (it's the reflector that's offering the resistance, not the pill, so your not too likely to damage the large slab of aluminum). This will greatly improve thermal conductivity.