Q re the JetBeam RRT-0

Albinoni

Banned
1. Does the tailcap part unscrew ?
2. Will it take a LiIon batt ?
3. How bright or good is the LED in this little beast and is it a nice white light?
4.How does it compare to the Jet II M
5. Is it smaller than the Jet III M
6. finally is it worth getting, is it a good light ?

yalskey

Enlightened
1. Does the tailcap part unscrew ?
2. Will it take a LiIon batt ?
3. How bright or good is the LED in this little beast and is it a nice white light?
4.How does it compare to the Jet II M
5. Is it smaller than the Jet III M
6. finally is it worth getting, is it a good light ?

1. No, but it can be disassembled.
2. Yes, either 1xRCR123 or 1x14500 with the AA extender tube.
3. Extremely bright. 240 emitter lumens with a li-ion battery. Mine is very nicely white tinted... pure white.
4. I didn't know there was a Jet II M.... do you mean Jet III M? If you meant Jet II, from what I can remember from when I had my Jet-II, this thing is a good bit brighter and has the advantage of the control ring.
5. Yes, a good deal smaller than the Jet III M... especially without the AA extender.
6. In my opinion it is one of the best (if not THE best) light I've ever owned. A bit too throwy for me as an EDC, and slightly larger than I'd hoped for, but those are very minor gripes... I love mine!

You might want to check out this thread:
https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/256724

I got mine from BugOutGearUSA and used the discount code "cpfjet" to get it for a good price. I was very satisfied with Flavio's service.

Hope I helped.

Albinoni

Banned
1. No, but it can be disassembled.
2. Yes, either 1xRCR123 or 1x14500 with the AA extender tube.
3. Extremely bright. 240 emitter lumens with a li-ion battery. Mine is very nicely white tinted... pure white.
4. I didn't know there was a Jet II M.... do you mean Jet III M? If you meant Jet II, from what I can remember from when I had my Jet-II, this thing is a good bit brighter and has the advantage of the control ring.
5. Yes, a good deal smaller than the Jet III M... especially without the AA extender.
6. In my opinion it is one of the best (if not THE best) light I've ever owned. A bit too throwy for me as an EDC, and slightly larger than I'd hoped for, but those are very minor gripes... I love mine!

You might want to check out this thread:
https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/256724

I got mine from BugOutGearUSA and used the discount code "cpfjet" to get it for a good price. I was very satisfied with Flavio's service.

Hope I helped.

Ok when you say it can be disassembled, you mean the back/tailcap?

Sorry I was referring to JetBeam III M not II.

Thanks for your help

yalskey

Enlightened
Yes, the tailcap / backend with the clicky switch can be taken apart, but you need to use tools to do it, so it's not a casual thing.

I can't comment on the Jet-III M too much because I don't own one. However, I like the RRT-0 better because of the control ring, the ability to use 6 types of batteries, and it's smaller size.

By the way, you can just respond without quoting the entire last post... who you are responding to (in this case) is obvious.

Albinoni

Banned
Yes, the tailcap / backend with the clicky switch can be taken apart, but you need to use tools to do it, so it's not a casual thing.

I can't comment on the Jet-III M too much because I don't own one. However, I like the RRT-0 better because of the control ring, the ability to use 6 types of batteries, and it's smaller size.

By the way, you can just respond without quoting the entire last post... who you are responding to (in this case) is obvious.

the ability to use 6 types of batteries, and it's smaller size.

Ok so what type of batts will it take, as far as I know AA, CR123, RCR123 and LiIon.

yalskey

Enlightened
No, not doing anything *wrong* per se, but it's unnecessary to quote when it's perfectly obvious who you are addressing in your post. It just kinda wastes space / clutters up the thread. No biggie... so you are an "over-quoter"... there's worse things in the world to be... carry on. :)

I knew this was coming:
1. Alkaline AA primaries
2. NiMH AA (or any other chemistry of rechargeable AA's)
3. Lithium AA primaries
4. 14500 Li-ion
5. RCR123 Li-ion
6. CR123A primaries

Albinoni

Banned
No, not doing anything *wrong* per se, but it's unnecessary to quote when it's perfectly obvious who you are addressing in your post. It just kinda wastes space / clutters up the thread. No biggie... so you are an "over-quoter"... there's worse things in the world to be... carry on. :)

I knew this was coming:
1. Alkaline AA primaries
2. NiMH AA (or any other chemistry of rechargeable AA's)
3. Lithium AA primaries
4. 14500 Li-ion
5. RCR123 Li-ion
6. CR123A primaries

Thank you for that, I am seriously considering this torch to my collection, infact I dont own one JB Torch what so ever, do have Fenix tho, and this torch looks really nice and very well made.

I might take the plunge I think.

lewong

Newly Enlightened
Albinoni, have you seen Bondr006's great review?

FWIW, I was able to use long nose pliers to remove the switch. I replaced the original switch with a forward tactical click switch from a Romisen RC-G2. The pressure to turn it on is a little lower and the switch has a lower profile that allows the RRT-0 to tail stand without any protrusion by the tailcap switch button.

Albinoni

Banned
Albinoni, have you seen Bondr006's great review?

FWIW, I was able to use long nose pliers to remove the switch. I replaced the original switch with a forward tactical click switch from a Romisen RC-G2. The pressure to turn it on is a little lower and the switch has a lower profile that allows the RRT-0 to tail stand without any protrusion by the tailcap switch button.

I thougt this JB came with a forwrd clickie switch ?

Rocketman

Enlightened
Thank you for that, I am seriously considering this torch to my collection, infact I dont own one JB Torch what so ever, do have Fenix tho, and this torch looks really nice and very well made.

I might take the plunge I think.

I just bought a Jetbeam RRT-2 Raptor and it's superb in every aspect. Unlike some other much more expensive lights.

grunscga

Newly Enlightened
It does come with a forward clicky. I think he was just saying that the switch he replaced it with is also a forward clicky, but still uses less pressure and allows the light to tailstand without wobbling.

My v1 RRT-0 doesn't require any more pressure to click than any other forward clicky I own, so I'm guessing the issue was his switch.

Additionally, some people have said that the new (v2) RRT-0 tailstands without any wobble.

grunscga

Newly Enlightened
I think the lights have two different markets in mind. You buy a Surefire for peace of mind, when you need a light that absolutely, positively has to work when you turn it on. In the interest of reliability, though, most Surefires are pretty boring. :)

I own a Surefire C2 and it still occupies the "what I grab when I MUST have a light that ALWAYS works" slot in my "armory" of lights. On the other hand, I've been using a Jetbeam Jet-I as my everyday CCW light, so obviously I trust (some) Jetbeam lights with my life as well (at least under ordinary conditions).

The RRT-0 is more of a "cool" daily working light. It seems quite reliable, and has a great (scratch that, more like AWESOME) UI, but it does have more moving parts than most flashlights, and I don't trust mine 100% yet. I EDC it from time to time, and take it camping / working / etc., but I always take along a backup light when I do.

I probably would carry it more with the OP reflector. I bought my RRT-0 with the hybrid reflector, and it doesn't have as many rings as I expected (which is good). What it DOES have, though, is a giant honking donut hole in the center spot (which is bad). It's even visible when using the light outside on foilage and such. I guess what I'm saying is, if you decide to get one, get the OP reflector. :)

FlashKat

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yes it is up there with Surefire. I consider my RRT-0 a mini version of my old Surefire U2. Plus it does have many battery options. BUY IT:paypal:
Dont want to start a flaming war or upset people here but would you say its up there with the Surefires?