TK40 gives a strange SOS

CZ

Newly Enlightened
Hi All,

I recently bough a TK40 and when using the SOS function it gives 3 flashes and 1 normal flash and 2 very bright flashes and then again 3 fast flashes.

The slow flashes are different, 1 normal flash and 2 very bright flashes. I think it's not correct. All the flashes should be of the same brightness, right?

Are there more users that have this problem with their Fenix TK40? What can I do to resolve this "problem" ?

Overall it's a fantastic light!!

CZ

Locoboy5150

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hmmm, that is strange. My TK40's SOS flashes are all at the same brightness, or at least as far as I can tell with my eyes. I don't know how to fix that aside from maybe cleaning the threads on the tail cap and head.

HKJ

Flashaholic
Hi All,

I recently bough a TK40 and when using the SOS function it gives 3 flashes and 1 normal flash and 2 very bright flashes and then again 3 fast flashes.

The slow flashes are different, 1 normal flash and 2 very bright flashes. I think it's not correct. All the flashes should be of the same brightness, right?

Are there more users that have this problem with their Fenix TK40? What can I do to resolve this "problem" ?

Overall it's a fantastic light!!

CZ

Nice catch, I believe that all TK40 has it. It found it on my (early) model and documented it in my Danish review.

It looks like this when recorded with an optic sensor (The red bars are the normal levels):

sos.png

CZ

Newly Enlightened
HKJ,

That is exactly what I'm experiencing!! The 2 last flashes of the "O" look like a strobe flash that dies out to normal level.......

Anyway thanks for clearing this up, I thought I had a lemon....... Looks like most of the TK40s have this "special feature".......:D

I wasn't able to find this on CPF.......I must have missed it in my searches....

CZ

Last edited: