• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired WTB: Ti PD Mule

wquiles

Flashaholic
It will be using it as an EDC, so I it does not have to be new, just in good functional shape. If it has some scratches here and there, or different bezel/clip, etc., that is not a problem either. It does not mater what LED it has I will be putting a new one anyway.

So if you have a Ti PD Mule that you want to sell, please reply here or better yet send me an email (in my signature below) with an offer/details.

Thanks,
Will

Last edited:

wquiles

Flashaholic
:bumpit:

Still looking for a (preferable used) Ti PD Mule, but would consider mint ones if the price is right.

I do a lot of custom work (mainly LED lights), so I can also barter doing custom work plus cash depending on the custom work. You can see a link to my projects in my signature.

Will

gswitter

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'd offer you mine, but I sold it last year.

That little beastie ran really hot due to the lack of mass in the head. So if you're going to EDC it, consider modding the circuit (current is controlled by a sense resistor, IIRC) or looking for one with the miser option.

fyrstormer

Banned
No doubt it also ran hot because of the Cree LED. I don't know what it is, but all of my lights that have Cree LEDs in them get warmer than the ones with Seoul LEDs. To be fair, my favorite, the Luxeon K2 TFFC, runs even hotter than the Cree XR-E, but that could just be because the one example I have runs at 1.5A on high mode. :duh2:

I know you specified a Ti-PD Mule, but have you considered a Sundrop XR-U? The removable light engine makes modification oh-so-much easier, and comparing my Sundrop to my Aleph Mule, I think the Sundrop's slightly-focused beam is more practical. Here's a comparison shot; the Sundrop is on the right. The Ti-PD Mule's beam pattern is basically the same as the Aleph Mule on the left since neither one has any focusing element.

CIMG3789.jpg

I can't speak for Don, but he might have the parts on-hand to put a Haiku light engine in a Sundrop for you if you decide you want to go in that direction.

wquiles

Flashaholic
I'd offer you mine, but I sold it last year.

That little beastie ran really hot due to the lack of mass in the head. So if you're going to EDC it, consider modding the circuit (current is controlled by a sense resistor, IIRC) or looking for one with the miser option.

Good to know - thanks much for the heads up :thumbsup:

Will

wquiles

Flashaholic
No doubt it also ran hot because of the Cree LED. I don't know what it is, but all of my lights that have Cree LEDs in them get warmer than the ones with Seoul LEDs. To be fair, my favorite, the Luxeon K2 TFFC, runs even hotter than the Cree XR-E, but that could just be because the one example I have runs at 1.5A on high mode. :duh2:

I know you specified a Ti-PD Mule, but have you considered a Sundrop XR-U? The removable light engine makes modification oh-so-much easier, and comparing my Sundrop to my Aleph Mule, I think the Sundrop's slightly-focused beam is more practical. Here's a comparison shot; the Sundrop is on the right. The Ti-PD Mule's beam pattern is basically the same as the Aleph Mule on the left since neither one has any focusing element.

(snip pic)

I can't speak for Don, but he might have the parts on-hand to put a Haiku light engine in a Sundrop for you if you decide you want to go in that direction.
Thanks much for the beamshot comparison - really good to see those side by side. I love the beam of the Sundrop!

Actually my goal with the mule is to use the Nichia 083 high CRI LED (which is why I am not worry about the heat), but I really prefer the action of the PD over the clickie, which is why I am looking for the Ti PD Mule. In fact, forum member "darkzero" already built the same light/combo that I am trying to put together:
Nichia 083 Ti PD Mule

Will

gswitter

Flashlight Enthusiast
In fact, forum member "darkzero" already built the same light/combo that I am trying to put together:
Nichia 083 Ti PD Mule
:) That's where my Ti Mule ended up.

That is a nice combo. I really like my SunDrop, and we use it a LOT, but a multi-level option would be nice.

I kind of regret selling my Ti Mule. The short length was a little awkward for my big hands, but the head would have been great on one of the Ti "C" Paks Don has for sale now. Some day I'll track down another.

fyrstormer

Banned
The Sundrop is 3-level -- or at least the newer ones are.

I definitely know what you mean about the PD interface, but Don's clicky-switched offerings work remarkably well.

gswitter

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yeah, I couldn't remember which mod you applied. But I knew it was one of the two in that thread.

karlheinz3

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am still kicking this one around.... I wanted to send it off to Will for an SST-50 upgrade surrounded in Green Glow epoxy. This one is mint and you are after a beater. I just don't know what to buy to replace it? :shrug:

CIMG7468.jpg

darkzero

Flashaholic* ,
I am still kicking this one around.... I wanted to send it off to Will for an SST-50 upgrade surrounded in Green Glow epoxy.

Karl, if you decide on it you know where to always contact me. :)

(in regards to my sig status, I can always make exceptions)

:wave:

wquiles

Flashaholic
I am still kicking this one around.... I wanted to send it off to Will for an SST-50 upgrade surrounded in Green Glow epoxy. This one is mint and you are after a beater. I just don't know what to buy to replace it? :shrug:

(snip pic)
I am not looking for a beater, but since I will use and carry it, it will get scratched up right away so I don't mind a beater. Since you have the itch to mod this one, I would sent it to Will to have the mod done - he's the expert :thumbsup:

Will

fyrstormer

Banned
I don't know if you have any experience with Don's titanium lights, but it's not going to get scratched up at all (not counting surface scuffing, which can be buffed out easily) unless your daily usage will involve throwing it against concrete.

wquiles

Flashaholic
I have one of his great Sapphire 25 Ti lights and I can tell it holds extremely well in my keychain. Maybe "scratches" was a poor choice of words for what I was trying to convey - what I meant to say is that it does not mater to me if the Ti PD Mule that I buy is mint/perfect, or if it has some usage marks/signs ;)