A2 question

wykeite

Newly Enlightened
My question is:- Is it normal for the LED ring to remain lit while using the main lamp?

Thanks guys:confused:.

computernut

Enlightened
It's normal for the LEDs to stay on. I find that my A2 with white LEDs is actually a little brighter when close-up because the LEDs are helping out a bit.

hyperloop

Flashlight Enthusiast
that's good to hear, i just ordered an A2 (LED/incand) and cannot wait for it to arrive. Took me a really long time to decide on which higher end surefire i wanted, all i have so far is a nice G2 (lost another G2 previously) and when i saw it going for $125 on CPFMP, i had to have it.

RobertM

Flashlight Enthusiast
that's good to hear, i just ordered an A2 (LED/incand) and cannot wait for it to arrive. Took me a really long time to decide on which higher end surefire i wanted, all i have so far is a nice G2 (lost another G2 previously) and when i saw it going for $125 on CPFMP, i had to have it.

You made an excellent choice! I agree with Outdoors Fanatic, it is quite possibly the greatest flashlight ever made. If you have any doubts about your purchase while you wait, but sure to read js's classic A2 review:
THE SUREFIRE A2 – MORE THAN A COLLECTION OF NUMBERS

-Robert