HELP NEDDED !!! HID CONVERSION

ukshiner

Newly Enlightened
Hi all i have just modded my lightforce striker 170 to hid with a 35w h3 bulb and conversion kit, all went ok but i have a problem that i can only get the HID buld to light up and ignite if i put the switch before the ballast in the circuit, the actual switch on the lamp itself will not ignite the bulb, it will turn the lamp off but willnot turn it back on,,,you have to put the switch back in the ON position,, and diconect the power supply by either + or - , and then connect again for it to fire back up,,,

This is not the switch as i have tried the switch at the power supply side of the ballast and it works no problem on and off, i have tried running the switch on the - and + side after the ballast but its still the same, just turns it off wont fire it back up, HELPPPPP lol, has anybody got any advice on this please as ia pretty stuck and i dont want to blow the ballast or the bulb,, any advice appreciated,,,p,s the power supply is a 12v 12a sla, works fine when all iS fired up, cheers.

Norm

Retired Administrator
This is not the switch as i have tried the switch at the power supply side of the ballast and it works no problem
That's the way it needs to be wired, you can't put the switch after the ballast.
Norm