please help me decide legion II, jetbeam m1x, thrunite catipult

hulsey19750

Newly Enlightened
I am having a hard time trying to decide on which flashlight I would like to have the one with the longest throw but with a good bright spill to carry thru the woods when I hunt.It does not need to mount on gun. I own a tiablo a9 with the extra asperical head also but to me its not real useful unless trying to spot a image along ways out. I would also like along runtime and some medium modes of about 300 lumens. The legion is the hightest in price then catipult with jetbeam m1x being the cheapest

bedazzLED

Enlightened
Hi.

I don't have a Legion II, but I do have a Catapult and an M1X.

Just one question, what type of battery format do you prefer?

It's just that the Catapult uses 18650's, while the M1X can use 18650's and CR123's.

They both have fantastic throw, both have good spill, but the beam pattern of the Catapult is simply a work of art!

Both are fantastic lights, so it comes down to the battery format I suppose.

BTW, have you had a look at the RRT-1? It's quite a good size, and it's also a great thrower.

Hope this helps.

Last edited:

DimeRazorback

Flashlight Enthusiast
I would go for the M1X.

Great light, with a few different choices of battery configuration.

It also has the Jetbeam I.B.S, which is a big plus in my opinion as you can set the second mode to what ever you want it to be.

I love my M1X!

hulsey19750

Newly Enlightened
I will be using 18650 x 2 for power. My question to the guy that has both does one have a better tint in your opionion. and also the run time on high and low

bullettproof

Enlightened
Go for the Catapult it is made from 7075 material nicely built and it also uses the newest led Technology the SST-50 and driven at 2.8A. I hate to say it but MC-E's are so last year:sick2:. Also the beam pattern and throw is far superior to the quad die lights out with the old in with the new!!!!!!

joshconsulting

Enlightened
I would go for the catapult as well. The SST-50 is really nice, it'll give you the best runtime\brightness, and the catapult is built really well.

gilly

Enlightened
I would go for the M1X.

Great light, with a few different choices of battery configuration.

It also has the Jetbeam I.B.S, which is a big plus in my opinion as you can set the second mode to what ever you want it to be.

I love my M1X!

+1

You will love an M1X and never regret it...

desertrat21

Newly Enlightened
I am completely enamored with my Thrunite Catapult. It's built very well and the beam is in my opinion unmatched in the multi die or large single die searchlight class. MC-Es are great but I'm not a big fan of donut spotlights. Of course the Maelstroms are right around the corner so there will be a few more from that line that definitely need to go into your pick-from pool. :thumbsup:

richardcpf

Flashlight Enthusiast
If what you want is a insanely bright flashlight with the best throw in the 500+ lumens class, consider the Eagletac M2XC4.

bullettproof

Enlightened
M1X = Big Donut hole in center of beam:thumbsdow

Catapult = Newer brighter Led that has more throw 31K+Lux:party:

hyperloop

Flashlight Enthusiast
The M1X has many power options

2x18500
2x18650
3xCR/RCR123
4xCR/RCR123

the donut hole is there, that cannot be denied but it is still a good light that throws well with good spill too.

The selling point to me is the IBS function for the 2nd mode, the minimum is so incredibly low.

gilly

Enlightened
The "donut hole" is NOT that noticeable....

I use my M1X a lot - as a police officer during motor vehicle stops, and in the field behind my house looking for coyotes (and many other uses). I don't even notice the "donut hole" when in actual use. All you white wall hunters on the other hand...:poke:

As Selfbuilt's review confirms, the M1X is one well-built, well-designed, exceptional light.