Tailstand mod for surefire P6? Search will not help!

wingnutLP

Enlightened
Hi, I tried a search but the forum will not accept "surefire" as a term as it is too common or P6 as it is too short.

Can anyone tell me if there is a bezel or something that recesses the mc clicky to allow a P6 to tailstand?

Sorry if this has been asked before...

bstrickler

Enlightened
Are you looking for a permanent, or temporary use?

If you only plan to tailstand your 6P occasionally, and can't afford/don't want to spend much, you can go to any hardware store that carries clear flexible tubing, and bring your light with you, to see which piece of tubing fits around your tailcap the best. That's what I personally do (I don't have a job, so I can't afford much).

I found that out when I got a P60 dropin, and the perosn who shipped it, encapsulated it in the tubing.

~Brian

Linger

Flashlight Enthusiast
The new solarforce L2 tail (comes stock with L2p) is a slightly recessed. It is p60 compatable, and is the easiest to mod to a forward clickie. Infact it makes a great host for the Netkids 'Surefire6p/c2 forward clickie' upgrade.

Winx

Newly Enlightened
A look at the Surefire Compatible Tailcaps & Cell Extenders by KosPap

6P.with.two.lanyard.holes.tailcap.jpg

I have Ultrafire 504 tailcap modded with KD forward clicky in one of my 6P's. Original reverse clicky seems pretty good. I also have $3.5 DX tailcap but it doesn't look good with a 6P.

I needed a LOT of elbow grease to fit that in 6P. Threads aren't the best but after some hard twisting it's a good option.

I haven't tried my Netkidz or ElectronGuru (McClicky) switches but I believe those are too shallow for a tall UF 504 tailcap.

Last edited:

leukos

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nekomane had a nice custom product for Z58/Z59 switches (which are no longer available):

4158753171_4545be1fea_o.jpg

There is a thread by Moddoo in which he has been planning to make something similar out of titanium for the Z58-Z59, but nothing has materialized yet: https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/229577 I would be happy if someone just offered something similar in Delrin.

rje58

Enlightened
Here is what I use... I happened to stumble across two of these one day when I was out browsing at the 'flea market'...

tailstand_1.jpg

It works great for 6P and other similar size and slightly smaller diameter lights... for example, my E2e fits in there great, it just doesn't stand straight up, it stands at a slight angle. For lights that have a larger diameter end than the 6P, it doesn't work at all, however.

It's pretty sturdy, too. Much more so than lights that just have a flat tail cap that is no bigger round than the body.

It's just a rubber cap that fits over the end of the light...

gswitter

Flashlight Enthusiast
There is a thread by Moddoo in which he has been planning to make something similar out of titanium for the Z58-Z59, but nothing has materialized yet: https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/229577 I would be happy if someone just offered something similar in Delrin.
+1

I've been tempted to buy entire lights just because it included one of those Nekomane shrouds.

wingnutLP

Enlightened
Do a search for user 'ElectronGuru' and look for his surefire mods. He sells titanium and delrin tailstanding shrouds.

This would be a permanent addition and would go on to a bored out light from electron guru with a mcklicky switch.

I couldn't see a shroud that would fit a P6 is his shroud for Z41 and Gsomething that would fit a P6?

ElectronGuru

Flashaholic
This would be a permanent addition and would go on to a bored out light from electron guru with a mcklicky switch.

The Delrin shrouds found here work with modified and unmodified Z41 or Z59 tailcaps and bodies. So Z41's can be twisty or clicky upgraded. Either can also be factory finish or custom finish. Bodies can be bored or not, in any of the P, C, Z, and most of the M series. G series also work.

BVM

Newly Enlightened
Winx 1/19/2010 #8

I've been looking for a lanyard just like that. Where did you get it?