flashlights made in Taiwan or Korea?

uplite

Enlightened
I'm looking for LED flashlights that are Made in Taiwan or Made in Korea.

Do you know which brands are manufactured in these countries?

Thanks. :)

-Jeff

jslappa

Enlightened
The guy in post #3, KuKu427.......his name is Steve......search every post he has started, and buy every light he has on offer.

I'm not even joking. Not even a little bit

KD5XB

Enlightened
Rewriting this to sound a little better -- I don't care for Korean products, I try to stick with American, Chinese, etc. But no Korean products for me.

Last edited:

uplite

Enlightened
To each their own.

Personally, I've had some excellent experiences with Korean engineering, manufacturing, and brands (samsung, lg, saehan-enertech, and boe-hydis, to name a few).

I've also had good experience with precision manufacturing from Taiwan, and from the Czech Republic. But I haven't seen any mention of czech flashlights here, so I didn't even both to ask. :)

Thanks for all the feedback so far. BitZ, AmiLite, JIL, LiteFlux, Dorcy...any more?

-Jeff

LED_Thrift

Flashlight Enthusiast
The two models of AmiLite I've seen are well thought out and beautifully made, with nice machining. The beam and tint on them are supurb.

KD5XB

Enlightened
I spent some time in Korea, and it seemed that they kept the best products for their domestic market, the junk was sold to anybody else.

Which is probably only obliquely related to this thread, if at all.

I will say that JetBeam is a great light -- but I think they're on the mainland, not Taiwan.

Only thing I have from PRC -- that I know of, anyway.

uplite

Enlightened
I spent some time in Korea, and it seemed that they kept the best products for their domestic market, the junk was sold to anybody else.

Which is probably only obliquely related to this thread, if at all.
We've had different experiences. As far as I'm concerned, saehan-enertech cells and boe-hydis panels are extremely high quality, perhaps the best in the world, and I've bought them in the US. Under different brand names, of course. :)

But yes, this is obliquely related to flashlights. With flashlights, the best work is done by small operations. The only connection I'm considering here is the level of technical and manufacturing expertise in their local area. In general, Korea and Taiwan have a higher level of expertise than Guangzhou right now. This may change, like it did with Japan and America as we progressively outsourced manufacturing and innovation...but right now they look like the sweet spot for this kind of work. Not the cheapest, but possibly the best quality/price ratio.

So...are any other flashlight brands made in these countries?

-Jeff