Jetbeam M1X on low - problem?

george9c1

Newly Enlightened
Hello all. I just received my new light and noticed something odd on minimum output. The light worked fine initially, and then after a few minutes on low three of the emitters went out.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/14683857@N07/4285634073

Now when turned on in low only one segment lights as shown. If the brightness is raised slightly higher all four segments do light up, but then the light flickers and sometimes goes back to lighting just the one emitter, which increases in brightness when the other 3 go out. Once the output is raised slightly higher than this the light behaves normally.

I have a couple of questions. Does anyone else have an M1X that does this, and did it continue to operate this way over time or fail completely? I can live with the light working like this, as long as it only happens on low. Also, if anyone better versed in electronics than I am knows why this might be happening can you please explain it? I have my own theory that the efficiency of one emitter might be slightly higher than the others, but if that's true would the light have worked normally initially?

BTW, the green color is due to a #5 welding shade over the lens. It helped in cutting the glare for the camera.

hyperloop

Flashlight Enthusiast
nope, my M1X on absolute minimum has all 4 dies lit up. Think it best if you contact your dealer.

Steve'O

Newly Enlightened
There have been a few reports of MC-E lights doing this.

Contact your dealer :thumbsup:

I'll 2nd that.

I had a problem with a TK40 with one emitter flickering on low mode, but fine on all other modes.
I got it replaced.