which color is the brightest of the Glo Toob Lithium

Miracle

Enlightened
Of the white, red, green, blue, yellow Glo Toob lithium,

what color is the brightest?

jamesmtl514

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have a white one and it is bright enough that people can see it. but not bright enough to illuminate anything properly.

I bought it to have as an illumination tool for working in confined spaces. Ie. behind computers or in an attic/crawlspace. It fails on every level.

Its good as a marker and perhaps a night light for infants, that's about it.
It's the light i regret buying the most. It's near useless for me.

applevision

Flashlight Enthusiast
On the glo-toob website they say white is brightest and easiest to see; this is borne out in my experience as well.

jamesmtl514, so sad to hear you do not like your Glo-Toob! Lots of us love our Glo-Toobs around here...

I'm a big fan of the Glo-Toobs and I will say that the lithium tubes are pretty bright! I can totally use them to navigate around the house at night. My guess is that in terms of "throw" (which is the antithesis of this beacon designed to be seen), it is like a bright cell phone screen in the dark--there's not much of it. Yet, it feels like navigating with something like a 4 lumen light which is enough in pitch black--more than enough, actually.

In holding them, the lithium light is pretty big and somewhat cumbersome compared to the standard. I think that I could get used to the standard and it could really be a super-last-resort emergency backup light. The Li could be a decent tent light and could probably be used for walking along a dark path if all else failed. For getting around the house at night, they are both more than enough and are really fun since they don't really throw a beam anywhere, but are more like lanterns.
:)

Flying Turtle

Flashaholic
I've been long tempted to get one. Maybe an amber for night light and battery vampire duties. What stops me is the seemingly excessive price. Seen any sales lately?

Geoff

bansuri

Enlightened
I don't think they're big sellers, got mine off LApolicegear for a good price on closeout.
It's not a flashlight, but a marker beacon, so I don't think you'd want to use it like a normal light.
Got a green one for my motorcycle bag in case I break down. While not bright like our torches this thing can be seen from far away and the green really stands out.
Hope I never need it, glad it's there.

It seems like a disco-mode enabled DX light and a couple of tubes of clear epoxy might get you a cheap clone. Just thinkin out loud...

Miracle

Enlightened
does any kind souls have the red glo toob lithium?

Is the red color version bright?

bullfrog

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have owned white, green, red and amber.

In order of most bright:

White
Green
Amber
Red

Red and Amber are SIGNIFICANTLY more dim than White or Green. I sold both Red and Amber because of this.

Hope that helps!

Miracle

Enlightened
I have owned white, green, red and amber.

In order of most bright:

White
Green
Amber
Red

Red and Amber are SIGNIFICANTLY more dim than White or Green. I sold both Red and Amber because of this.

Hope that helps!

thank you for the info!

:twothumbs

Flying Turtle

Flashaholic
I wonder if the red or amber models get any longer runtime? At least in the case of Photon lights less voltage is needed for these colors.

Geoff