PT Aurora worth it for $12.99?

DiverDn

Newly Enlightened
A local store has Princeton Tech Aurora's on sale for $12.99.

I was thinking of buying a couple for gifts and to have around the house just in case.

Are they worth it or should I save my money?

Woods Walker

The Wood is cut, The Bacon is cooked, Now it’s tim
Re: PT Aurora worth it for $12.99

I still own 3 and like them. There are newer better headlamps out but the Aurora on the cheap is still nice.

BlackDecker

Enlightened

At $13, just barely worth it... if anything you can use the nice headband on another headlamp.

2 complaints I have with the Aurora:

1) Button takes WAY too much effort to press on.
2) Case easily cracks under light pressure to open to access the batteries.

DiverDn

Newly Enlightened

I went ahead and picked a couple up. I will update if there are any problems with them.

Thanks for the feedback.

Hooked on Fenix

Flashlight Enthusiast

If you're able to mod them with Nichia DS or GS l.e.d.s, they would be much better.

mbw_151

Enlightened
Put a headlamp in each car. It is much nicer than changing a tire or putting chains on with a handheld in your mouth. Just remember to check on alkaline batteries regularly. I can't remember if the Aurora will tolerate Energizer E2 Lithiums.

Woods Walker

The Wood is cut, The Bacon is cooked, Now it’s tim
Put a headlamp in each car. It is much nicer than changing a tire or putting chains on with a handheld in your mouth. Just remember to check on alkaline batteries regularly. I can't remember if the Aurora will tolerate Energizer E2 Lithiums.

No I don't think Lithium primaries are a go. I beleve the later Auroras have better LED than the first ones despite they never updated the listed lumen outputs. Well my newer ones are brighter than the older Aurora.These were my first LED headlamps so got a soft spot for them even with the weak battery latch.