Alkaline AAA Light brighter than Fenix LD01 R2?

Scorpion1080

Newly Enlightened
I currently have the Fenix LD01 R2 and was wondering if there is flashlight brighter which can run on alkaline batteries.
I get free AA and AAA's from work to use in flashlights so run time is no real concern.

I was just wondering if anyone knew of such a flashlight?

Thanks

Ragiska

Flashaholic*
when (not if) they leak, are "free" alkalines still not really a concern? a brighter light would not even be any brighter, because the alkalines at that power drive are already far beyond what they are capable of providing.

your ld01 isn't even as bright as it should be.

richardcpf

Flashlight Enthusiast
The Ledlenser P7, runs on 4xAAA. If I were you, this is the flashlight I would get.

Scorpion1080

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for the info guys.
We have on average 50,000 of AA's and AAA's on stock kept in store which is climate controlled.

Umm.. The batteries work provide are
Duracell, Procell Professional Alkaline battery.

I have not heard of any leaking in the 4years I have been there but that by no means does not mean that some might leak.

Ragiska

Flashaholic*
but the performance is still abysmal.

for example, look at the L0D, the predecessor to your LD01

Fenix%20L0D%20CE%20-%20high.png

hyperloop

Flashlight Enthusiast
well, seeing as how you have so many free cells, take a look at the LED Lenser range of lights which run off AAAs and AAs, there is a long standing argument as to whether the LED Lensers can run using rechargeable NiMHs (not recommended according to LED Lenser) vs alkalines but that shouldnt affect you as you'd be using the recommended cell type.

Flic

Enlightened
The LD01 is a great light. If you want 1xAAA light I can only suggest the 4Sevens Preon or Titanium Innovations IlluminaTi. But all three of these will be crap on alkalines. Ragiska is right. Free or not, alkalines are not the way to go in these.

Putting on my "green" hat I'd be horrified at the number of AAA alkalines that would end up in landfills to properly power a modern 1 x AAA light. Rechargeables are the way to go for the best balance of cost/performance/runtime. Alkalines would only be used as a last resort.

Or get a Fenix E01. Runs forever on a AAA alkaline but only a fraction of the brightness.

Flying Turtle

Flashaholic
Not sure if they're still available, but a LiteFlux LF2XT R2 might be slightly brighter (or not), and they're much more fun to fiddle with.

Geoff

Lynx_Arc

Flashaholic
just get some duraloops and a charger then you will have 1000 *free* cells (or recharges of cells) for the fenix