WiseLed 2000 - few doubts

Przemo(c)

Newly Enlightened
Hi Guys,

I'm about to buy WiseLed 2000 light, but still few questions left.
Do you think this light is some kind of the mile-stone light (which will be the "guiding light" for similar flashlights for the next few years like Maxabeam or Polarion in its class) or is it only an ephemeris, some passing phase and soon we'll have a better choice of similar lights? Well, you know, I am very particulate about this light, but on the other hand, I will shoot myself when I see something much better in three months time with my 500$ already spent...:sick2: If you know what I mean... Maybe it's better to wait few months more for something which is already somewhere on the horizon...:confused::thinking:

spellitout

Newly Enlightened
I would at least wait until later this week. There are some SST-90 lights coming out that will have that lumen output and should be priced considerably less.

Przemo(c)

Newly Enlightened
Hi, thanks for answers.

Still, however, when I saw in one review how the Howitzer was pulverized by Tactical HID :eek:oo:... Doubts, doubts, doubts... :welcome:

HKJ

Flashaholic
Hi, thanks for answers.

Still, however, when I saw in one review how the Howitzer was pulverized by Tactical HID :eek:oo:... Doubts, doubts, doubts... :welcome:

It is probably my review you are talking about about, but pulverized is to strong an expression. The led lights are mostly flood light where the HID are more throwers, this will give very different beam shots and different applications.

Patriot

Flashaholic
It is probably my review you are talking about about, but pulverized is to strong an expression. The led lights are mostly flood light where the HID are more throwers, this will give very different beam shots and different applications.

Maybe Bronco saw your ceiling bounce test graph when he stated that, in which case "pulverized" may have been a reasonable expression. :)

HKJ

Flashaholic
Maybe Bronco saw your ceiling bounce test graph when he stated that, in which case "pulverized" may have been a reasonable expression. :)

In my vocabulary "pulverized" is more than 25%, if the beam profile had been the same it would be just about impossible to see the difference.

But comparing throw between the D30 and the two other HID's, "pulverized" is much closer to a adequate description.

plata0190

Enlightened
nice review, i have red it already ;)

1) new model 2300 is better than old 2000? the power is the only difference?
2) What is taillight function?

3)I have a discount but i live in Italy. Do you guess if i use this discount on wiseled.com they sell to Itay?
4) when you keep the light in your hand in turbo mode does it come hot?
5) Why on wiseled.com they says 2200 - 2600 when is 2300 in high and 2823 in turbo?
5) What is real lumen OTF in high and turbo?

6) Does throw down in high mode? how much lumens and after how much time?
- In turbo mode thow down faster?
for ex. in 72F ambiental temp, using the wiseled in turbo mode does remain to the max power for least 3 minutes?

thath's all :D

Mathiashogevold

Enlightened
WiseLED uses OTF Lumens, so the Tactical 2300 will deliver 2600 lumens in Turbo, and 2300 lumens in high.
I think it is regulated, so it wouldn't be dimmer.

It's a nice thing with the WiseLED Tactical, wiseLED is makin upgrades!
A few years back the WiseLED Tactical delivered 1000 lumens, and you can have the same light today, but just upgrade it; to 2300 lumens(2600 in turbo of course) So don't worry if it is getting old, just buy a upgrade.

Arcoholic

Enlightened
I have thge old 1500 version and it is a good light but its massive and getting new batts installed is a pain down the road.
Go with the Tesla 1200 super small and bright enough for everything.
Just my thoughts

fyrstormer

Banned
Hi Guys,

I'm about to buy WiseLed 2000 light, but still few questions left.
Do you think this light is some kind of the mile-stone light (which will be the "guiding light" for similar flashlights for the next few years like Maxabeam or Polarion in its class) or is it only an ephemeris, some passing phase and soon we'll have a better choice of similar lights? Well, you know, I am very particulate about this light, but on the other hand, I will shoot myself when I see something much better in three months time with my 500$ already spent...:sick2: If you know what I mean... Maybe it's better to wait few months more for something which is already somewhere on the horizon...:confused::thinking:
There will ALWAYS be brighter lights coming out in the near future, no matter when you buy. Even when the emitters stop getting brighter for a while, they'll just put them into multi-emitter arrays. It's endless.

My suggestion is to drop out of the lumen race and buy some lights that your grandkids will be able to use to barter for houses or small third-world nations once the asteroid hits and civilization crumbles. Might I suggest a Haiku?

plata0190

Enlightened
nice review, i have red it already ;)

1) new model 2300 is better than old 2000? the power is the only difference?
2) What is taillight function?

3)I have a discount but i live in Italy. Do you guess if i use this discount on wiseled.com they sell to Itay?
4) when you keep the light in your hand in turbo mode does it come hot?
5) Why on wiseled.com they says 2200 - 2600 when is 2300 in high and 2823 in turbo?
5) What is real lumen OTF in high and turbo?

6) Does throw down in high mode? how much lumens and after how much time?
- In turbo mode thow down faster?
for ex. in 72F ambiental temp, using the wiseled in turbo mode does remain to the max power for least 3 minutes?

thath's all :D

up :grin2: i am next to buy this wiseled... but have a few doubts.. someone can reply to this 6 questions please?:)

Mathiashogevold

Enlightened
I will try.

1) The new Tactical 2600 is 600 lumens brighter than the 2000 in boost, and have 1 hour more runtime(3 hours at high)

2) The taillight function is that there are a led in the tail which you can use when you just need low light(I think that is right)

3) I guess so, it would be very strange if the discount wouldn't work if the light should be shipped to Italy.

4) Absolutely, 2600 lumens will deliver much heat, but since the Tactical is pretty big, it would handle it pretty OK.

5) I don't know where there is written that the Tactical 2600 deliver 2823 lumens in boost, but it delivers 2300 lumens on high, it's written at their website.

6) The real OTF's is 2300 lumens in high and 2600 lumens in boost. They use a company calles ''MadeByDelta'' who conclude the REAL OTF lumens.

7) It may have a little less throw, but not much!
The WiseLED Tactical is a professional flashlight, so it should be fully regulated. It's written at their website that it will run on 2300 lumens continuous, so it shall be regulated.

I hope this helps! I may be wrong

Mathias :)

tre

Flashlight Enthusiast
up :grin2: i am next to buy this wiseled... but have a few doubts.. someone can reply to this 6 questions please?:)

Why don't you wait for Bigc to test the light in his sphere. A WiseLed is on the way to him so he will test it any day. We can see if their claimed lumens figures are inflated or not. I think we will find out they are quite inflated.

plata0190

Enlightened
@tre: who is Big?

the old tactical 2000 have not turbo mode? the max is 2000 lm?

utlgoa

Enlightened
Checkout this site for Wiseled 2000 beamshots. If this link doesn't take you to the Wiseled beamshots then just scroll down till you find it. Also checkout all the other lights. You'll even see a "rare" beamshot of a Led Lenser X21 (Tunnel Photo's).

The Wiseled 2000 beats all the Led Lights (in my opinion) except the HID's

http://fonarevka.ru/indexen.html

Last edited:

bkumanski

Enlightened
Sorry guys, it was my Tactical that was going to him, but he has since informed me he no longer has his sphere. As far as heat, it really takes a long time to heat up in turbo and will automatically step down when it gets too hot. the led in the tail is not really good for anything except telling you how much battery you have left (it's blue, so not really good for illumination). As far as throw, it seems to do very well, made more impressive by the fact the hotspot is absolutely huge. It's not a pencil pint hotspot, quite the opposite, but the sheer lumens this light puts out push the beam very far.

Plus, it can be upgraded as new LEDs come out, charges with a cradle or plug (don't have to remove the batteries), is fully waterproof (they actually sell it as a dive light) not just splash proof (most light which claim to be waterproof really are no good for any depth because of all the voids and rubber switch boots), and built like a tank. It is a little big to wear on my belt full time, but it fits in a Mag ring nicely and really lights up anywhere you point it.

Hope this helps!