Surefire’s 2010 New Lights Discussion

SuperTrouper

Enlightened
I'm with you all on hoping Surefire release some new and interesting models soon.

I keep seeing how much people who use them seem to love Surefire lights. On paper, the current batch don't look to impressive in terms of lumens/runtime, but that doesn't take into account optics and TIR reflectors.

I'd really like to get a Surefire to see what all the fuss is about but none of the current models are really doing it for me in terms of the styling of the light, except maybe the Outdoorsman lights.

So here's hoping we see some new stylish lights coming out soon!

c0t0d0s0

Enlightened
Who cares what they present on the SHOT show, print in new shiny catalogs, and don't release the following year? Let's discuss something we can actually buy.

AardvarkSagus

Flashlight Enthusiast
I keep seeing how much people who use them seem to love Surefire lights. On paper, the current batch don't look to impressive in terms of lumens/runtime, but that doesn't take into account optics and TIR reflectors.
It's all about end user experience. A lot of lights are made or broken about the intangible "feel" of using them. That's what I am shooting for in my reviews.

Stainz

Enlightened
How about a 2-cell 200+ Lumen OTF light you could protect yourself with? Wait... they upgraded the E2DL to that level recently - guess we know one 2010 catalog entry. Next, a 5 hr on high E1b...

Stainz

Dead_Nuts

Enlightened
I never know what to expect (or even believe) from Surefire lately. Not sure if some items are trial balloons or simply vapor-tech. I believe they will produce a new item once I see it's in the stores.

But the ever hopeful side of me sure could wrap itself around a M720L!

Latest posts