Now I can also take pictures with my Olight T-25 Tactical...

dodge_911

Newly Enlightened
'Cuz I attached a camera to it! :)

But in all seriousness :

I frankensteined a flashlight mount out of an old gun-sight-mount, a flash cold-shoe and a custom-made screw.
Inside the gun mount resides an Olight pressure switch tail cap, on which I mount my Olight T-25 Tactical.
Looks something like this :
weaponlight01.jpg

Sideview when mounted :
weaponlight02.jpg

Frontal view, mounted :
weaponlight03.jpg

Why would one mount a flashlight to one's camera, I hear you ask.
Well, it's like this : I'm an event-photographer, and do lots of parties, where it's kinda dark.
So a light would make sense, so I started carryin'. But then I'd be a hand short sometimes...
I got the Olight T-25 Tactical and the pressure switch from my buddy Mike at GearUpEurope.com.
This morning it hit me, and I threw together some parts and had a thinking session with my dad :) (He's the one that milled the screw.)

So now my Canon 1D MKIII is tactical ;)

kosPap

Flashlight Enthusiast
hey i have toyed with the idea too....I am an mateur concert photographer too...but the only thing that has kept me off is taht i would "kill" the singer....maybe a red one?

dodge_911

Newly Enlightened
hey i have toyed with the idea too....I am an mateur concert photographer too...but the only thing that has kept me off is taht i would "kill" the singer....maybe a red one?
That's why I got a red lens for it as well, and a diffuser too...

Magic Matt

Enlightened
Presumably that's just for really close up images... I tried my TK40 with a 400mm lens and it was extremely disappointing. I also found that with my smaller light, close up (50mm lens), people were squinting because of the pinpoint LED, and the flash was far more effective. This was on a 20D.

dodge_911

Newly Enlightened
The light attached is more for me than for pictures I'm afraid :)
I work in dark places a lot, and it's nice to have some light then.
If I used a flashlight the traditional way, I'd need an extra hand for zooming/focusing, hence the pressure switch.
I would use it to get my subjects attention at a distance, maybe.
Or just to make my way through the crowd, with a little more ease.
But for specific photo use, I really doubt if my mod would be that helpful :)

Presumably that's just for really close up images... I tried my TK40 with a 400mm lens and it was extremely disappointing. I also found that with my smaller light, close up (50mm lens), people were squinting because of the pinpoint LED, and the flash was far more effective. This was on a 20D.