LED Lights you regret selling?

awid

Newly Enlightened
I've become reintroduced to the hobby since I joined CPF but I've already bought and sold quite a few lights since. The only one I've really regretted thus far was a Romisen RC-G2 II Q5 from ShiningBeam. I ordered an Akoray K-106 to replace it as my basic AA light but I now regret it. The G2 was quite a bit brighter and the Akoray's switch doesn't always work.

I'm sure some of you CPFers have a lot more then me, let's hear em!

Phantom502

Newly Enlightened
One light that comes to mind is the Nitecore D10. I just could not get that torch to operate without having to press really hard to get it to operate.

I did everything I could think of. Cleaning, different lube nothing worked. I shouldn't say I regret selling this particular light. I just regret not having a D10 that works really smooth and the way I think it should.

I ordered another recently. I hope for better results. If I can the new light to operate to my expectations I might order a backup.

the.Mtn.Man

Flashlight Enthusiast
I shouldn't say I regret selling this particular light. I just regret not having a D10 that works really smooth and the way I think it should.
Apparently the piston drive is an acquired taste. I've had the same experience with the D20 (which I'm now in the process of selling). I love the idea of the piston drive, but it never really worked the way I expected or wanted, which is ironic because the piston drive was the one feature that compelled me to buy the D20 instead of another light.

choaticwhisper

Enlightened
One light that comes to mind is the Nitecore D10. I just could not get that torch to operate without having to press really hard to get it to operate..
If you were using a 14500 you would need to cut the spring a little shorter.

Mine would be a SureFire 6P with M60. Thinking the format was to big for my edc. I just found out it was because it didnt have a pocket clip. I have started edcing a Solarforce L2M with extension, and clip.

NaturalMystic

Newly Enlightened
I don't like getting rid of any of my lights, knives or any of my gadgets for that matter. I keep everything! I've still got knives I was given in the 70s and 80s more for sentimental reasons than anything.

awid

Newly Enlightened
I don't like getting rid of any of my lights, knives or any of my gadgets for that matter. I keep everything! I've still got knives I was given in the 70s and 80s more for sentimental reasons than anything.

I really wish I didn't, considering I have a big comparison video I'm making later this week.

The 8th Man

Newly Enlightened
I know this sound ridicules but I have no regrets at all , ever because I just don't get rid of my lights,I know I end up with lights that I may have money tied up in and it could be used for something else but I just can't let go of things like that.

gswitter

Flashlight Enthusiast
Apparently the piston drive is an acquired taste. I've had the same experience with the D20 (which I'm now in the process of selling). I love the idea of the piston drive, but it never really worked the way I expected or wanted, which is ironic because the piston drive was the one feature that compelled me to buy the D20 instead of another light.
There's nothing wrong with the piston drive - it's just a button, and the mechanics of it work fine in other lights.

It's the NiteCore UI that's the acquired taste.

MikeG1P315

Newly Enlightened
If anythng, my HDS Basic 42 that I got brand new and dirt cheap in their waning days. More because of the expense to value/upgradability. I've got a RA Clicky (nightstand only, too big) and a Novatac EDC Ultimate 60 (due for a TFFC upgrade soon), so the place the 42 held is still occupied… but the authentic HDS is priceless in retrospect.

icpd30

Newly Enlightened
1st light I ever purchased was a Mini-Maglite. I used it for work as a 'back-up' light. That was back in 1985, and at the time, it seemed perfectly adequate for that purpose. I stored that one away quite a while ago when the beam just didn't have any ooomph and was way too yellow.

I found that light a couple years ago and wanted to check it out. And in my haste I must have misplaced it because now it is lost. I keep my eyes peeled for it as I poke around in the basement but I've lost all hope of finding it. Although I own '2 or 3' more lights now, I miss that light and hope someday to find it and try to give it new life in some way. :sigh:

My apologies. After re-reading the title of the thread I see that my story didn't meet either question: I didn't sell it AND it wasn't an LED. Well, thanks for letting me tell my story and maybe I can start getting over my loss...

Last edited: