• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired Sold-Hot Wire, 5761 3C-Cell, Jack, GID LED find me

Northern Lights

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sold Sold Sold Sold Sold Sold Sold Sold

Ah, I back, home again! At least occaissionally. Haven't built much lately but I am still and advocate for the most practical hot wire, 5761, 1331 lumens about 900 torch lumens. That smacks the M85 or ROP.

5761 3C cell has a spot of outside corrosion, only cosmetic but the Emolie 26700s are poor. The rest of the light is OK. The parts are worth more...
I found that AW has batteries for this now!! http://www.cpfmarketplace.com/mp/showthread.php?p=2272984#post2272984

$70 +AW IMR 2650 Batteries= $110​

For another view of this style this is another like it I built, without the clean tail cap and bezel

CLICK THUMB TO MAKE BIGGER​

I have sole other lights like this for $155-$160, the difference they were turn key, batteries were with them. This light needs batteries is all, these work but are in poor shape.

Buyer pays shipping, shipped US Postal Service, http://www.USPS.com ,and mailing insurance. Shipping is done on receipt of payment, PayPal or certified check or money order. I will honor the first "I'll take it" without conditions posted in the thread. I check CPF in the night, Mountain Standard Time, UTC/GMT -7 hours. Private Message the specific details please.

This is a custom modified light; Consider since it was not made for commercial sale then it is made with used parts. All the components are modified and are not in the original condition and configuration of the manufacturer. While these batteries are considered a "safe" the buyer assumes all risks and responsibility to use this light safely and appropriately. This is a private sale and there is no warranty or guarantee. By making this purchase the buyer certifies they are at least 18 years of age and assume all risks and responsibility to use this light and parts safely and appropriately and accepts the light and parts in an "as is" condition.

TURN KEY, READY TO GO! well, almost, needs new batteries these are weak.

3C cell Maglite converted, polished bezel and tail cap and corrosion damage on tail cap
MagCharger window, often called a lens, high temperature
Litho smooth reflecor
My bipin ceramic socket

this one is used in a magcharger, only pict. I got of it, sorry
5761 bulb, about 900 torch lumens, 1331 bubl lumens
My glow in the dark, low draw find me LED illuminated switch NOT just a GID plastic cap, this will run month without drawdown as it is very low draw.
NTC soft start
Fused
Modified low resitance switch
Modified low resitance tail spring
two shot, bad, poor not worth anything Milwaukee tool pack emolie 26700 3.7 volt batteries. pick up newer ones at Ebay, CPF or DIY from a Milwaukee pack.
Left side of switch charging jack

I have sold these lights around $155-$159 newly made. This was my EDC until a while ago I build several 900 lumen P7 LEDs! I use thee LEDs and haven't look at this until recently. Stored it in my flashlight suitcase. These batteries were bad in the first place, I was ripped from an ebay seller. A Rayovac D alkaline package stored in my flashlight storage with it leaked and made that corrosion spot that can be polished out.

click to enlarge the picture
This light uses a high temperature MagCharger window, a Litho smooth reflector and my designed ceramic bipin socket. Focus is achieved by screwing the head in or out. The switch is modified with wiring to reduce the resistance and an LED low draw is added to glow the switch to find the light when not used in the dark. A jack for charging the battery is in the lower left of the switch so picking it up is natural and the cord can be unplugged. The emolies you can get from some CPF members, ebay or RC forums or DIY a Milwaukee tool battery pack. The are truly 3.7 volts and charge easily at 5 amps are rated at 2950 Ah. You can charge in less than a half hour to full charge because you never drain them dry in real life.
The Tail cap sprin is modified to reduce resistance and contains a 10 amp fuse. The batteries are safe lithium as they will not flame but they can handle a lot of amps so a fuse is short circuit protection.
The soft start was a project of a thread. A hand picked NTC was chosen after testing many dozens.

You old heads know of my mods, newer folks, well here is some reading to do.

SOLD-5761 bulb, 1331 bulb lumen, modified Maglite, Charging Jack, Electronic GI a very similiar light but on different batteries
NTC and fuse in tail spring
SOLD-1331 lumens, 5761 bulb, small 3C-cell modified Maglite, Unique batteries! Open this link and check out all the reference links to my work and 5761
http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/search.php?searchid=4775746
is a page seached on 5761 and Northern Lights, what a reference
Using an NTC ? this thread covers the developement of the hand picked NTC in this light, and the wide tolerances of the industry and How I over came them.

click to enlarge the picture
This is a switch with GID LED and Jack assembly

Last edited:

Northern Lights

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: FS-Hot Wire, 5761 3C-Cell, Jack, GID LED find me

click to enlarge.

when I wrote the add, I think I gave the impression that this was a parts sale of a beat not so working light. It is not. The light works fine and is the brightest 5761 I have ever built because the final voltage to the bulb was just under the insta-flash. From it I was able to design a hotwire 5761 in a MagCharger. This 3C is hand tuned to arrive at that voltage. I killed most of these bulbs in that experiment to reach that design:

click thumb.

This light will work somewhat on the batteries which I am including so you can see what should be the final end product. I just have run out of these cells, if I had some I would polish up the light and the sale would be right up there where the previous lights had sold,

Benson

Flashlight Enthusiast

Wow, this isn't sold yet?

If I weren't saving my flashlight money for something big, I'd be all over this.

:bump: for a great workin'-man light!

Northern Lights

Flashlight Enthusiast

Wow, this isn't sold yet?

If I weren't saving my flashlight money for something big, I'd be all over this.

:bump: for a great workin'-man light!
Ya, kinda crazy!! :thinking: I have sold similiar without hesitation $155-160 in the past. I was asked on several occaissions to build these, and here I am giving one up for less than the parts!
It got a blemish and poor batteries. :sigh:

Beats me. :shrug: It would be good just to stock pile parts or a put it together because I am bored light.

Geeesz. I just got some titanium cells from Jeff, and a I found a burned out N30 pack and I am making another N30 12 cell pack for my HID. I got more into bigger battery packs for it now than the light cost. I got two TM800 x3 converting to 2700 lumen P7s on my desk too. Those would be wow lights with no burn time if I keep the stock heat sync, but I found a guy in the fishing lure making forums that does reasonable CNC. I am sending him a plaster cast being made in the tube itself that will be the model for the solid aluminum heat sync. Once I get those I can assemble all the parts and get a 2700 lumen LED, basically a flood. in a 3D light. I have several lithium battery options too for it.

I just don't have time to live in the past. 5761 was a great experience for me and I am moving forward so I am giving up this light. I kept a Mag charger 5761. It has D lithium cells, you all have heard how bad those cells are and can guess where they came from. Went bad too. I got to fix those up again because that light had tremendous throw to it. You can find those threads if you like to track that stuff down.

So this poor baby is getting a divorce. I hope someone enjoys it as much as I did building it and communicating with Jim Jones and Lux over the builds; oh yes ,the missionaryman, Luici from down under. He had input in the projects too. I love CPF and all of you flasha whatevers that are like me. It is fun and life needs to be fun at some points in time.

Last edited:

Northern Lights

Flashlight Enthusiast

Its the weekend and time for a bup, I mean bump...

REDUCED PRICE...from what I useually sold them for~~NORTHERN LIGHTS IS RETIRING FOLKS...it all has to GO

Northern Lights

Flashlight Enthusiast

Turn key, batteries available buy it with or without.

Hey! I found AW cells for this now and maybe some emolie 26700, your choice if you want a turn key otherwise $70 with out new batts just the old week ones.

Northern Lights

Flashlight Enthusiast

Your leaving the game? If so what now?
I likely can't leave, but I know I won't be as active as I used to be. Now days every new concept we at CPF mod or make in 18 months becomes a commercial product. You can get R5 lights at 330 lumens, P7s at 900, multi led lights at 3000 lumens, wow, and I remember when we were pushing Lux III trying to get 80 from 65 lumen leds!

What ever I need someone will make better than I can and then offer it for sale, I am sure.

I have two more mods to get off my bench right now, two Nuwai TM 800x3 which are new, came with LuxIII and I am putting P7s in them on a a D2FLEX modulator. That could be 2700 lumen lights! I just got so slow in the last year. I have modded this model before with P4s and Q2s, I think and R2 or R5 would be an easy drop in on these lights.

You wouldn't want to buy the parts at cost or below and take it over the P7 mod would you? lol. boy am I getting lazy. I could keep the P7 LEDs and you could easily, very easily turn those over to the R series for a great light, direct drive on a D2flex that is with them.

I just finished building a 14.4V NiMh 5 Ah pack for my N30, wow that HID is now a 110 minute light, got two packs at 5 Ah 14.4V batt. each now.

I just don' see too much modding or experiments anymore in my future.

Really thanks for asking.

I have been shifting my activities back to fishing. My real passion and interest all my life has been at the end of a tight line. I am on one flashlight forum and at least 8 for fishing.

I have some real friends here that I write to very often. One I met flew to the USA from Szechen, China for a visit. Now that is comradery isn't it? I can't leave entirely.

deuces

Newly Enlightened

Very interested, but gotta get some questions answered first. Shooting you PM.

GarageBoy

Flashlight Enthusiast

I likely can't leave, but I know I won't be as active as I used to be. Now days every new concept we at CPF mod or make in 18 months becomes a commercial product. You can get R5 lights at 330 lumens, P7s at 900, multi led lights at 3000 lumens, wow, and I remember when we were pushing Lux III trying to get 80 from 65 lumen leds!

I remember/miss those days. The Sandwich Shoppe and everyone else was always trying to cook something up to efficiently run more current through Luxeons. X bins were the Holy Grail at 150 lms. The words SO17x, NX05, Fraen, Sandwich, Nuwai Q3, Kroll made sense to you
These days...it's all about "features" (arguing over starting off with low or hi)

Northern Lights

Flashlight Enthusiast

I remember/miss those days. The Sandwich Shoppe and everyone else was always trying to cook something up to efficiently run more current through Luxeons. X bins were the Holy Grail at 150 lms. The words SO17x, NX05, Fraen, Sandwich, Nuwai Q3, Kroll made sense to you
These days...it's all about "features" (arguing over starting off with low or hi)
right on

I am going over some things with a member on the 5761 and lithium nickel cobalt batteries, essentialy emolies and NTCs, re inveting the wheel. There is so much on CPF now they are not finding the old works even with google. I just gave a copy of the Hot Rater away. Mention AWR and they confuse it with Andrew, AW... if they only knew...