The Black Pearl - Custom Mini Chimera with SST-90, Blu Ray Laser, 16Gb and Nightlight

mash.m

Enlightened
Hi,

i have now finished my custom mini chimera. here is the old thread where i start my tests with the sst-90inside the body: https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/253896

i get a raw body from brian so i done my own work on it:

5q6c-m.jpg

Some technical Details:

Carbon cover
powder coated body
selfgrindet ucl lens

D2Flex PWM Driver from George
1000mA/h Lipoly Battery (need some work on the body to fit)
SST-90 with highest available bin (i am waiting for some neutral whites)
Blu Ray Laser ?mW (i ordered a green one from DX but they delivered me a Blue Ray laser so i put this in)
Micro-SD Card reader (also from dx) with a 16GByte Card as piggy-pack
2 on/off push bottons with permanent blue glowing led´s (i had them from broken fujitsu notbook docking stations)
2 red osram rebel on the side of the sst-90 also permanent glowing
2 blue trits on the right and left side

current for the permanent glowing of the push bottons and the rebells are 800µA

5q6c-n.jpg

5q6c-l.jpg

The light draws 3 amps at the highest mode. it will get hot after 30 seconds. in mode 5 from 8 it draw 1200mA and will be able to run continious without getting to hot - also extreme bright.

i never build such a light again. it was a hard work and very complex cause the space inside is very limited for all the electronics and the buttons.

markus

Last edited:

fyrstormer

Banned
Holy crap! :eek: That looks awesome!

I gotta tell ya, my resistance to flat lights is starting to weaken...if only there were a way to protect the buttons from accidental pressing, though...

Th232

Flashlight Enthusiast
Damn!

Very impressive, and I can definitely see why you wouldn't want to make another.

Any chance of seeing what the internals look like? Although I can fully understand if you don't even want to open it.

Last edited:

THE_dAY

Flashlight Enthusiast
That is just awesome, you definitely have some skills.

So will this be your EDC?
Makes me wonder what other cool stuff you have made?

mash.m

Enlightened
the sst-90 is locked via the d2flex superlock so you must press the button three times to start run. the laserpointer is not locked, but until now i see no problem with this.
maybe i add another led for the microsd card reader so i can see the activity, then i can take some pictures of the inside.

@THE_dAY
yes, this is my edc light i carry always with me. here you can see some other project i had done:
http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/search.php?searchid=4776855

markus

Bimmerboy

Flashlight Enthusiast
OK, this thing is damn cool. I love it. Great work, Markus!

I assume the Li-Po recharges through the small port next to the card reader? Looks similar to a Motorola cell phone charging plug.

Monkeyboab

Newly Enlightened
Amazing! Dont need to say anything else.

I wanted a Mini Chimera with money clip when they were first coming out but have never been able to get the ready's together.

Rob

moviles

Enlightened
awesome pocket gadget ,really nice , its beautyful:drool:

and nice size too :drool:

jonesy

Enlightened
That is totally bad, in a really good way!:devil: Absolutely amazing. Of course, I'm a sucker for anything carbon fiber.