TSP-123 versions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alan Hsu

Enlightened
I have an LSH-P and an LSL-P. The former was purchased in Jan/Feb while the latter was bought a couple of months before. However, their TSP-123s seem to differ slightly in length (the newer one is shorter) and width of the "waist" (gap between LS head and TSP-123 when they're screwed together), with the newer one being much wider (and GOOD for syringe hold). I was wondering how many versions of TSP-123 are out there?

jtice

Flashaholic
As for as I know, just those two. I wondered the same thing when I ordered mine from tadgear.

Here is one version.
arc-ls-tc-ld.jpg

Here is the version I got.
arc-lsh-p.jpg

I actually prefer the first version shown here. Just something about the knurling that looks better that way to me.

So, you have both? Which one seems better made, or more functional? I take it, sence you said the "newer" one is shorter, you are refering to the one in the top pic? I would be willing to trade someone, if they wanted the version I have. (bottom pic).

chamenos

Flashlight Enthusiast
there's another difference i noticed, but this time its in the head. the area at the opening of the head which meets the tsp has a short length whereby it tapers off, and some models have a shorter length of it whilst others have a longer portion tapered off. in the above two photos the one with the longer tapered area is on top and the one with the shorter tapered area is below.

jtice

Flashaholic
chamenos.......
Yes, I have noticed that also.
Mine has the VERY short VERY slight taper. You actually have to look very closely to even tell its tapered at all.
It kinda makes for a rough edge... BARELY.

The rev1 versions were very taperd, and alittle smoother I think.

All of my 123 tails also have a small gag when screwed all the way on.

Alan Hsu

Enlightened
jtice,

I am not sure which one is newer, just that my newer ARC LS comes with the first version shown in your post. Like you, I also prefer the first version for its very slightly shorter length and wider gap, which facilitates syringe hold.

My question is, if I want to get another TSP-123 like that, how do I specify it to ARC?

jtice

Flashaholic
Alan Hsu....
I would actually send Peter a PM, with the pic. That way he knows exactly what you want.
I THINK I heard the one in the second pic is the newer one,,, but that doesnt make sence, I would think the shorter one would be the newer one.

If you do, please let me know, I might want one later.

P.S. To anyone with the twistie in the first pic,,, and would like to trade it for one like the one in the second pic... PM me, I'll trade you. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

GJW

Flashlight Enthusiast
The top picture matches the one I recently received from Arc.
The bottom picture matches the original production sent to early testers.

treek13

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
Gransee said:
The difference in knurl is because we use redundant suppliers for the same part. They are both made at the same time. I am working on everyone standarizing on the thinner band. Extra grip is provided by the lanyard lug and ring.

Peter

[/ QUOTE ]
The bottom picture is the ideal according to PG. Personally I like the top style better too.

Pat

chamenos

Flashlight Enthusiast
jtice: the head on my LS has the longer tapered portion, but it came with a tsp-123 with the thinner band of knurling /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif i personally prefer the longer one, because it gives a better grip and my pinkie is less likely to cover the lens.

even with the tsp-123s with the thinner band, there are variations as well. some have the band of knurling slightly further away from the kroll, whereas some have the band of knurling directly in the middle of the tsp-123 (like mine). the lug also varies in that some are thicker, and some are thinner (mine is thinner).

these variations are probably due to peter outsourcing the production of the tsps to various contractors /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts