HELP>>Double ended led flashlight??

houtex

Enlightened
I've been looking for a LED double ended flashlight. what I want is a single unit with red light on one end and green on the other. Small,somewhat durable and affordable. Anything like this exist? It would be used as a marker light in emergency situations. Someone would have to carry a couple of them and deploy them as needed.

RAGE CAGE

Enlightened
Peak LED Soultions- Cave Creek Az. RMSK Inc. in KY is their CONUS retailer
Read ALL THE WAY thru this sticky....multiple options- N cell, CR123 etc.
https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/212589

mckinleycad.jpg

Last edited:

houtex

Enlightened
Thanks for the help Rage.
They for sure are durable,but not so affordable. We would have to outfit at least 6 officers with 4 lights each.$$$$$$.

I have to add that they should have an anti roll feature.

RAGE CAGE

Enlightened
Thanks for the help Rage.
They for sure are durable,but not so affordable. We would have to outfit at least 6 officers with 4 lights each.$$$$$$.

I have to add that they should have an anti roll feature.

Anti roll is built into the heads......you have got me curious now- what are you- maritime police officers? SWAT?
Military Airlift Wing?.....4 each needed....dying to know
Do tell.:popcorn:

Last edited:

RAGE CAGE

Enlightened
Bob- owner of RMSK in Louisville is retired LEO I think- he has some older stock that is much less pricey- clearance closeout section.
He is a nice guy who usually picks up the phone.

houtex

Enlightened
Imagine walking by a room,you need to know if it's been cleared. You drop the light in the door way,green if it's good, red if it's not. You do it in a hurry and move on. That's one way it'll be used. We don't want to have to carry several lights,just a couple that will have two colors. Durable if they get stepped on but cheap if they get forgotten or left behind. Imagine a Glo-Toob but two colors,with red,green or off as choices.

Not SWAT,but a civilian helping out;) Ragecage

Last edited:

RAGE CAGE

Enlightened
Got it.....go- no go...in a dark house- check out the GITD hunting trail marker tacks that some outdoor stores sell- if your are rolling weapon mounted illumination- you can tack them to the door/wall to get the same results and a heck of a lot cheaper.

houtex

Enlightened
Unfortunately,GITD only work wells in really dark area not areas of low light or bright light. Something reuseable or rechargeable would be best.

RedForest UK

Flashlight Enthusiast
Why dont you check out the quark RGB? that way you get all 3 colours and a normal torch all from one quad-die led.. unless you need them both on at the same time that would seem like the sensible solution..:candle:

NonSenCe

Flashlight Enthusiast
below polar circle.. in country which used to make
a product that might be useful .i have also hoped for double ender lights. but one with flood and other end throw.. or one with red led and normal in other end.

about walking by a room and not clearing it.. that just sounds dangerous. to me its obvious for never let a possible badguy get a jump on you by coming from behind from a room you didnt inspect.

have a plan as you go in. who takes left who takes right and move on to next as/after they are covered/cleared.

likely: i would get cheap fauxtons (bright enough for most marking tasks) and swap the leds to green or red and just keep them in separate holster where to pick them up and drop them.. tritium green or red on one end or paited red and gitd green..

althou.. only one color would be neccesary.. one color that means its not cleared. and no light its cleared.

houtex

Enlightened
The quark would not work out because of price. Thanks though.

The training and techniques are already in place. Currently, different colored glow sticks are being used. They are one time use only,not always bright enough for certain conditions,when you access them from a pocket or vest with free hand you have to look to see which you are grabbing. They have a tendency to roll when thrown. The clearing of the room was just an example,but there are times when a colored light can communicate things to other persons without words.

Come on CPF,help me find an affordable solution. I'm hoping for an anti rolll body that may run on 1xAA or 1xAAA in this configuration
on/off on/off
GREENBATTERYRED
with the on/off buttons or twist switches at each end.

stallion2

Enlightened
a product that might be useful .i have also hoped for double ender lights. but one with flood and other end throw.. or one with red led and normal in other end.

althou.. only one color would be neccesary.. one color that means its not cleared. and no light its cleared.

YES! this is something i've wanted to do w/ my DBS lights for some time now....have one end set up w/ the MC-E and OPR while the other gets an R2 (soon to be an XP-G) w/ the SMO.

i did fabricate a device out of scrap aluminum from where i work. it has an overhead handle and pipe hangers mounted on both sides so that i can put one light on one side and a second on the other. its great to use especially when i go out in the boat at night. its the best solution i've come up with but would love the idea of an actual double-ender.

TriChrome

Enlightened
Not that I'm military or anything, but I have trained with them, and I've never heard of marking a room as not cleared. That could be extremely dangerous and would go against most departments protocols and common sense (and I'm not trying to question you, just show how it could be dangerious if we're talking about clearing a building from hostiles, unless it's something like checking a warehouse for vandalization of something).

But anyway, we've used the cheap dollar store glowsticks (like a 2 or 3 pack for $1) before to mark a room as cleared, as well as things like chalk on the doorjam, or IR glowsticks if you're using NVGs. They usually last for 8ish hours, so they last for the entire training session, or in your case a full shift. They're idiot proof (no batteries to worry about, no throwing them down quickly breaking the light), and you can put them back in your pocket and they won't show any light. I don't have any recommendations about an actual flashlight though (sorry).

houtex

Enlightened
Thank for the help TriChrome. I do understand the dangers of NOT clearing a room ,it was just an example of what the light MAY be used for. I don't think I would ever dare pass an area that was not known safe.Only in the most dire cases.

Chem sticks are being used now but there just has to be a better option.

TriChrome

Enlightened
I would personally follow what jabe1 said and get something in bulk from Deal Extreme in that case. Should be cheaper over time than chem sticks, and if they break, they're so cheap it doesn't matter.

sqchram

Newly Enlightened
Find a cheap AA light that battery loads at the head. Glue in a colored gel behind the lens red/green, then glue two butt to butt inside a tube? Crude, but another idea.