Inova 24/7!

4x4Dragon

Flashlight Enthusiast
Me and my wife watched over my parents house for them while they were at the beach and my parents brought me back new Inova 24/7! This thing is awesome! The uses for it seem endless! Im EDC'ing it for now. One of the neat things I used it for last night was to clip it to my dog's collar when I let her go outside and play in the dark. I put it in the amber/red flash mode and could easily locate her. Then I switched it into the low white mode and it was a perfect little "head" lamp for her(as if she needed it with that nose of hers). anyways the low white is pretty dim unless using it pretty upclose. the high white is considerably brighter than my Arc AAA. The red does a good job too, while it only uses 2 red's as opposed to the 4 whites(high) it's perceived brightness is pretty close!

Well all i can say is that this light is truly AWESOME!

Warning: Dont look directly at the 3 mode distress flasher! Talk about disorientation!

Any one know where to get the optional accessories for this thing. Im wanting the head band and the magnetic clip. mine came with the neck lanyard

Deanster

Enlightened
From a product development perspective, it's amazing it ever got produced. It's not especially good at any one thing in terms of size, brightness, etc.

However, it's so darn useful for all kinds of things, many of which I'm sure I haven't even discovered yet, that I'm not likely to travel beyond my yard without the darn thing.

It now has a place of its own in my little tote bag. My only complaint it that it's waaaay to easy to accidentally turn on in a pocket or bag. Better detent at the 'off' position would be good.

richpalm

Banned
Ditto on the switch detents-got accidentally turned on in my pocket. So I clip it to my belt. I have the OD green so it is less obtrusive at work.

I took Big Dog for a walk and used the distress flasher mode around my neck so oncoming motorists could see me. It was reflecting off signs 100 feet away in semi-darkness. Right away I'd hear the foot coming off the gas when drivers saw me, not knowing what they saw.

The bright setting is not quite as bright as my X5t but very usable. I could do without the SOS thing... would rather have an all-red flasher or ???

All in all, I'm really happy with it and it satisfies the geek side of me. It's also very solid with no flexing or plastic squeaks, etc. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Rich

M

Newly Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
Deanster said:
It now has a place of its own in my little tote bag. My only complaint it that it's waaaay to easy to accidentally turn on in a pocket or bag. Better detent at the 'off' position would be good.

Deanster:
Although I have not yet had my 24/7 accidentally turn on, I can see where this could be a problem. I would be interested to know if any other folks have experienced this. It seems like a fair number of CPF members own this light and I would like to hear what they have to say.

I have noticed that there is a "military" version (OD green) of this light. I can think of at least two reasons why the military would not be thrilled with a light that might accidentally turn itself on. I think that this might be of interest to INOVA, if it affected sales.

It seems as if some sort of a "safety" would take care of this. Maybe a simple switch built into the battery compartment cap? I don't know a thing about electrical or mechanical engineering, but surely some sort of retrofit ought to be able to fix this.

Mike
Always Curious

[/ QUOTE ]

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
Don't throw your Inova 24/7 in a sink or knock it in the toliet. I threw mine in the bathroom sink (to simulate somebody dropping theirs in a creek or pond) and now it malfunctions. Both red LEDs come on at around 90%, and both yellow LEDs come on at less than 1%. And changing modes or even having the 24/7 turned off doesn't seem to change anything. So I took the battery out and put the Inova on top of my computer monitor (around 100°F) to hopefully dry out the insides.

There was no water in the battery compartment, so I'm guessing it came around 1 or more of its LEDs or through the switch mechanism.

The web page I'm making for it is right here if you're interested.

LEDmodMan

Flashaholic*
I got mine last night. Fun to play with. The 3 mode beacon is something else, it would be impossible to miss if ever really needed.

If you were watching the beginning of the Texas Rangers vs. Boston Red Sox game on TV last night, you would have seen me playing with the 24/7 on screen just before the game started (I was on the jumbotron in the park anyway)!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif

Craig - I guess that the 24/7 used in the recent Tomb Raider must have been sealed better than yours (only the best for Ms. Jolie, right? -haha):
[ QUOTE ]
Minjin said:
I almost forgot about this movie and my sighting. When she's in the water, she turns on her Inova 24/7 that hollywood would have you belive is also a personal locater beacon. You can see her turn the dial to the blinking red led setting.

Mark

[/ QUOTE ]

***edit***
My only gripe so far with this light are the battery case threads. They are <font color="red">very</font> fine pitch threads. It would be quite easy to cross-tread them, and I would warn the ham-handed to be careful and not overtighten the battery compartment lid, as this could easily strip these delicate threads. Other than that, I really like this light.

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
[ QUOTE ]
LEDmodMan said:
If you were watching the beginning of the Texas Rangers vs. Boston Red Sox game on TV last night, you would have seen me playing with the 24/7 on screen just before the game started (I was on the jumbotron in the park anyway)!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif

Craig - I guess that the 24/7 used in the recent Tomb Raider must have been sealed better than yours (only the best for Ms. Jolie, right? -haha):

[/ QUOTE ]
You were {vulgar term for intercourse}ing with a 24/7 and were on TV at a baseball game with it?!? That's my job!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif
I was on TV for at least 4 minutes during a Fox 'Saturday Game Of The Week' Mariners game two or three years ago, and I heard the guys in the booth were drawing all over me with a telestrator and making comments about my haircut and about the banner I hung on the railing in front of me during that time. And last year (I think, or was it the year before), I was asked to shut off an EternaLight Rave'n and a Deep Creek Designs white anchor light. I guess they pissed off the home plate umpire some 600-700 feet away, and he sent security up to where I was to make me either extinguish the lights or leave the ballpark. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/eek.gif

Some of the Fox video made it on the KIRO 11:00 news, so I have a bit of videotape on it.
But now I'm getting OFF-TOPIC!!!

Back to the Inova 24/7, let me take mine off the computer monitor, put the battery back in, and see what happens...
Ok, it seems to work fine now. I tested all the modes, and they work correctly. OH OH now it doesn't work AT ALL anymore. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/jpshakehead.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif
If I smack it around like I'm trying to kill the poor thing, sometimes it starts working, sometimes it just flickers, or sometimes it stays dark.
Darn it!!!! I killed an Inova 24/7 just by tossing it in a sink. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif

BradN

Newly Enlightened
I just got one at the Houston Fry's. On sale this weekend for $29.95. Cool light but I can see how easy is it to turn on in your pocket.

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
After three days sitting on top of my computer monitor (approx. 100°F for ~12 hours a day), my Inova finally seems to work right again. So if yours really gets douched and starts to malfunction, take the battery out and leave the Inova (with the battery door still off) in a warm (not hot) dry place for a few days and it ought to be good as new.