Quark AA2 XP-G R5 or Eagletac P20A2

RedForest UK

Flashlight Enthusiast
Okay, i've recently decided that my TK20, while amazing for outdoor use, is just too big for mounting on a lockblock on my mountain bikes front bars.. so, i guess its time for another new light :whistle:
Anyway, a few hours of research later and i've narrowed it down to either the eagletac p20a2 or the new quark 2aa xp-g r5. The eagletac looks to be brighter, tho it seems like a close one, while the quark has the small form factor i was looking for, and still packs quite a punch from the new xp-g led :naughty: also both are roughly the same price after postage to the UK.
So, i was just looking for whatever comments i could get from the best guys in the business. one last thing, ive decided it has to be aa format, as i dont want to have to order or maintain any more rcr123's and have lots of eneloops to burn.. :devil:

RedForest UK

Flashlight Enthusiast
wow, 230 OTF lumens! thats way beyond even the quark, tho i guess the runtime will be lower than the quark's due to driving the led at a higher current.. do you have any idea of the time they could be available? :popcorn:

Last edited:

ryaxnb

Newly Enlightened
I'd recommend the Quark just because i absolutely love Quarks service, reliability, and the response 4Sevens has. 4Sevens is the type of guy who will answer your queries within a day or two, and give you a second light without requiring you to return your first one if the first has any problems whatsoever. I love 4sevens commitment to flashaholics, so id go with 4sevens, as the light is competitive, reasonably priced, and has great service.

B0wz3r

Flashlight Enthusiast
The Quarks are a great value, and their customer service is fantastic.

Quarks tend to be floodier, especially the XPG models than other lights.

The EagleTacs have the advantage of also being available in neutral white versions, whereas for the Quarks such models are usually special batches that you have to grab while the grabbing is good.

My experience with the XPG neutral white emitters is they are much less consistent in terms of the tint you get from them compared to the Q3/Q4 and 5A/B series emitters. That and their great tint have made them my favorite emitters and I strongly prefer lights with them; I just don't buy a light if it's not available in a neutral white.

On max, the Quarks should run longer than the EagleTacs because of the level at which the emitter is driven.

You might also want to consider a JetBeam; they're great lights, very durable, excellent quality, and nearly every model is available in both cool or neutral white. Several of their models can use both CR123 and 18650's so you can increase your run time with an 18650 cell.

wyager

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'd recommend the Quark just because i absolutely love Quarks service, reliability, and the response 4Sevens has. 4Sevens is the type of guy who will answer your queries within a day or two, and give you a second light without requiring you to return your first one if the first has any problems whatsoever. I love 4sevens commitment to flashaholics, so id go with 4sevens, as the light is competitive, reasonably priced, and has great service.
dude... haven't you bumped like 3 other ancient threads?