My Fenix L2D just broke. The wires and glue snapped off in the head.

SuperTrouper

Enlightened
As a Fenix user I'd be interested to hear how this happened too.

I hope it didn't just happen spontaneously....

etc

Flashlight Enthusiast
I went through 2 of these things, problems internal to the driver. One started flashing madly in random morse code-like pattern, they other just woulnd't cut on anymore. It wans't the tail cap or anything, I tried that too before returning it.

that's too bad as it had a beautiful beam pattern. nicest ever seen and most useful. (combo of flood/throw)

That was 2 years ago, maybe the current gen is better.. not about to find out. There is tons of alternatives to Fenix.

To the sellers credit, he promptly replaced them.. but I wouldn't want to have a disposable lite on the side of the mountain. Or anything else digital for that matter, just a single mode lite.

I can see where this is going so:

IBTL

tsask

Flashlight Enthusiast
who was the seller? possibly time for a CHEER!:party:

etc

Flashlight Enthusiast
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wIovPVuBHYc

This was a while back... How L2D turned itself into 1 mode lite and that mode was Morse-Code. Maybe it was taken over by an alien life form that was trying to send out a message.

Anyway, do you want to be stuck with this while climbing down the side of a mountain on a dark rainy night.

"They all fail, from any maker" yeah yeah yeah. Yeah yeah yeah.

Well, actually no. They don't all fail.

This is all anecdotal data.
There is a QC issue with these lites. These posts keep coming up. I have no idea if still present but I won't risk anymore. I suspect *most* users don't have issues with them but I was not a part of that majority.

Good lite for a gift, or keep as a spare in the glove box, or a toy for your kids and only if it costs 12 bucks. *Not* for mission-critical situations.

Last edited:

ragweed

Enlightened
Yep.. the seller was a good guy! My Fenix E01 is doing great so far & being a twisty single power there isnt much to go wrong. I even dropped it a couple of times on tile...no damage & works fine.

LED Flashlights.

Enlightened
My first thought was that the batteries leaked inside the flashlight.

So, I went to turn the tail cap and it was kinda tight, but I managed to get it off.

The batteries didn't leak.

So, then I went to take the head lamp off the body of the flashlight, and with one turn all the electronics just came right off and got stuck right on the body of the flashlight.

I really liked that flashlight too.

:ohgeez:

But, it doesn't surprise me though.

I had trouble with the flashlight right from the start.

:ohgeez:

John_Galt

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wait, does the L2d have a two piece head like the LD20? If so, it sounds like you took off the top part of the head, with the reflector. By "wires" I assume you mean the wires going to the LED?

+1 for pics.

gunga

Flashaholic
Hmmm, that sounds weird. Yes, pics would be nice.

Luckily it should be easy to get a replacement light on the Marketplace and you can even sell the spare parts to us modders.

Recycle everything!

:D

LED Flashlights.

Enlightened
Wait, does the L2d have a two piece head like the LD20? If so, it sounds like you took off the top part of the head, with the reflector. By "wires" I assume you mean the wires going to the LED?

+1 for pics.

I didn't take the reflector off or anything like that.

I just unscrewed the head like you are suppose to do when you want to adjust the lumes.

Last edited:

TONY M

Flashlight Enthusiast
I didn't take the reflector off or anything like that.

I just unscrewed the head like you are suppose to do when you want to adjust the lumes.
I can't say I understand exactly what you mean. It sounds like you had unscrewed the "top" part of the head which is not intended to come apart after assembly, but you are saying it is not the case.

Does the part of the head that was unscrewed contain the LED?

Thanks

Zeva

Newly Enlightened
This is gonna sound really mean... But pics or it never happened! ^^

LED Flashlights.

Enlightened
I can't say I understand exactly what you mean. It sounds like you had unscrewed the "top" part of the head which is not intended to come apart after assembly, but you are saying it is not the case.

Does the part of the head that was unscrewed contain the LED?

Thanks

No, I didn't take the top part apart.

I unscrewed the top part like would put batteries in it.

That is when the electronic parts came out.

Zeva

Newly Enlightened
aww :( sorry to hear what happened though D= i hope this turns out well for you!

LED Flashlights.

Enlightened
aww :( sorry to hear what happened though D= i hope this turns out well for you!

Thanks.

It is bitter sweet.

A great flashlight breaks, but in return I get a better flashlight.

I was so happy with the Fenix L2D too.

I really didn't want another flashlight either.

I guess once you seen how great 100 lumes works in the dark you can't go back to anything less.