• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired SOLD: Coolest Solitaire of all time--Price Reduced

ma_sha1

Flashlight Enthusiast
Up for sale is the one & only XPG R5 Solitaire 10280 as seen build in this thread. This was one of the hardest Soli. I've ever build. I've build & sold many. You can see some of them in my sig. at bottom.

In the end, I have returned it to single stage so that the tail cap has more thread to hold on to for key chain carry.
I'll also include a 10280 battery holder (Build from an orange color solitaire, there's some ano missing at the tail)

https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/246460

I had to buy a whole set of 110 pieces tap & die set to get this light made.

Asking $69 $59 for the light & battery holder together.
USA Only. Shipping is free & PP fee is included.

This is the only 10280 soli. I've seen on CFP.

img3967e.jpg

Last edited:

Gary123

Enlightened
Re: FS: Coolest Solitaire of all time

You do nice work. I just bought a Ti AAA light with an XP-G, otherwise I would certainly get this one. Someone should pick this up.

ma_sha1

Flashlight Enthusiast

You do nice work. I just bought a Ti AAA light with an XP-G, otherwise I would certainly get this one. Someone should pick this up.

Thanks Gary. Always appreciate your support. This light has way to much
money & work into it, after getting the tap & die set, I also wasted several soli. just to get this made.

I'd love to see this go to your hands, The Ti AAA are everywhere now, you can probably sell it & pick one up later for cheaper. The 10280 soli. has never been done, that was my main drive to do it. Something I doubt that a second one would ever appear on CFP. If I am doing it for business reasons, it'd never had been made.

I cut & re-threaded several, most went to waste, only this one & one other in 10180 format made it through the end.

Last edited:

joshconsulting

Enlightened

Wow! That looks very impressive. Any tailcap current readings? I'm curious to see just what the XP-G is putting out.

ma_sha1

Flashlight Enthusiast

No reading, but I have a table on post #15 in the link.
with 1.4 Ohm resistor value in this light, it's estimated
between 350mA to 400MA.

joshconsulting

Enlightened

Himm. That's really a nice light. I like the longer, skinny form factor better then short & stubby like the Quark series. It fits better in jean pockets.

Then again, after just spending $170 on a DBS SST-50 setup, I think my AKOray will have to live on as my backup EDC. 150ish OTF is quite amazing in that setup, though!

scion

Newly Enlightened

you will always have that tap and die set! :)

You should "prep" a bunch of the solitaires and sell them for DIY kits!

I sold a bunch of LED upgrade kits for the Solitiare, consisted of a custom spacer, resistor set, and a 3-cell battery pack. nifty little bugger!

I never thought to shorten the length to make it easier on myself instead of making a huge spacer in it lol..

I may have to do this! I got tons of solitaires waiting for mods! lol..

ma_sha1

Flashlight Enthusiast

you will always have that tap and die set! :)

You should "prep" a bunch of the solitaires and sell them for DIY kits!

I sold a bunch of LED upgrade kits for the Solitiare, consisted of a custom spacer, resistor set, and a 3-cell battery pack. nifty little bugger!

I never thought to shorten the length to make it easier on myself instead of making a huge spacer in it lol..

I may have to do this! I got tons of solitaires waiting for mods! lol..

I don't have time to make it a business approach, only to make something special for fun & move on. I can sell the tap & die set to you thou if you really want to get into it. :naughty: I've not done much modding lately, been busy playing Modern Warfare 2, in my 2nd level prestige working on Nuking people :eek:.

Last edited:

scion

Newly Enlightened

I don't have time to make it a business approach, only to make something special for fun & move one. I can sell the tap & die set to you thou if you really want to get into it. :naughty: I've not done much modding lately, been busy playing Modern Warfare 2, in my 2nd level prestige working on Nuking people :eek:.

haha! i wont prestige! lol.. i hate reseting all my weapons and stuff i've earned lol..

MW2 is sweet though! I can FULLY understand why you dont have time haha!

ma_sha1

Flashlight Enthusiast

Lets give it a boost, $59 shipped

Cuso

Flashlight Enthusiast

Good luck with the sale..

Last edited:

cottonpickers

Newly Enlightened
Re: FS: Coolest Solitaire of all time--Price Reduced

Would you consider an international sale ? You know I'm a fan of your work ;-)

ma_sha1

Flashlight Enthusiast

Thanks!

If you are willing to add $10, I am willing to making a trip to USPS & ship international. It's a hustle for me but I am willing to do it once in a while for "special customer" only :D

wbp

Enlightened

I'll take it.
William

ma_sha1

Flashlight Enthusiast

Thanks Wbp,

PM inbound with PP info.

wbp

Enlightened
Not complaining, but I was expecting this to come with a 10280 cell. Especially since I don't have any. :-(

William

ma_sha1

Flashlight Enthusiast
William,

Sorry about this, I didn't Know you don't have 10280.
I could have been more clear & stated "Battery Not Included".
I'll make sure to clearly state such going forward in FS threads.

At the moment, I don't have extra 10280, I only have one to play
with on making new lights. I did send out a few with some lights when buyer requested prior to the sale.

You can buy from AW here:
http://www.cpfmarketplace.com/mp/showthread.php?t=200812

I'd be happy to send you $4.5 to cover AW price for a 10280, Not as an admission of fault, but as a gesture that I care about how you & each CPF customer feels about transactions with me. You'll still need to get a nano charger to charge it thou.

let me know

wbp

Enlightened
I appreciate the offer, that's very kind. In this case I'm fine with it, I'll just order a couple.
Thanks!
William