• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired For Sale-Mill for Boring Maglite bodies, homemade mill

Northern Lights

Flashlight Enthusiast
Remember my old thread?
MAG BORING-I BUILT MY OWN MILL-PICT!

mill2ot7.jpg

it works obviously, haven't used it since. The better half said I had to clean my work room or she would. So, good-by. :wave:

I cannot guarantee you can make it work, it is not automatic and was a little difficult needing a bit of stop and measure as you go along but nevertheless, it worked!

Consists of a cross slide vise, a rasp cutter and support that goes through the light body.

It cost this to make, cross vise, $45,- btw- the vise now costs $55, some metal, bolts and nuts, $35 and an expensive cutter $39, cutter extension shaft $18. I had the drill. I built and have a single purpose-milling machine for about $138; now it would be $148. I am selling it for:

$50
Buyer pays shipping, shipped UPS or USPS, and insurance. Shipping is done on receipt of payment, PayPal or certified check or money order. I will honor the first "I'll take it" without conditions posted in the thread.

Zip code is 85704 and it will weigh in 50 to 70 pounds, the cross slide vise is advertised at 38 pounds. I will ship by your preference if you do not want to use UPS or USPS.

I check CPF in the night, Mountain Standard Time, UTC/GMT -7 hours. Private Message the specific details please.

This is a custom home made device; Consider since it was not made for commercial sale then it is made with used parts. All the components are modified and are not in the original condition and configuration of the manufacturer. The buyer assumes all risks and responsibility to use this machine. This is a private sale and there is no warranty or guarantee. By making this purchase the buyer certifies they are at least 18 years of age and assume all risks and responsibility to use this device and parts safely and appropriately and accepts the device and parts in an "as is" condition.

Pictures, Images, Photographs:
Photos click this: THIS
and more links:
http://img253.imageshack.us/img253/8828/dscn0206ku6.jpg
http://img511.imageshack.us/img511/6486/dscn0204yk0.jpg
http://img513.imageshack.us/img513/823/mill3ls5.jpg

You get this, here is an example a two channel for 18mm, e.g. 18650, I have done 4x, click to enlarge:

Last edited:

stinky

Newly Enlightened
Re: FS-Mill for Boring Maglite bodies, homemade mill

i don't need it, but free bump for innovative coolness.

i'm sure someone will really enjoy this thing ;-)

rolltide

Newly Enlightened

NL,
I will take the mill. I am local so I can pick it up in person. PM me and we can talk about the details.

Roll Tide

Northern Lights

Flashlight Enthusiast

thank you, and wow, great to know someone nearby!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Northern Lights

Flashlight Enthusiast

NL,
I will take the mill. I am local so I can pick it up in person. PM me and we can talk about the details.

Roll Tide

Where did you go, Rolltide?

Well, it has been two days by the date and I responded with a phone number and email and PM.

I have heard nothing back! We know people do not do these things malisciously. Something happened to Rolltide, I hope he is OK.

Maybe the computer went out.

But what else can I do? I put it back up for sale.

Northern Lights

Flashlight Enthusiast
Why in the world would rolltide say he wanted it, PM me, leave an email to which I responded in thread, PM, and email and then disappeare without even a "no thanks?" Screwed up the add for a few days.

I deleted his useless messages. I see he is not very active and usually is a buyer, not participator or modder. That is ok. With out a response should I consider he dropped dead? Or should I write a JEER? That is kind of harsh.

There is no indication he did it malisciously. I hope he is ok. At my age I have at a moments notice been over taken by illness and had deals pending.

REDUCED PRICE is posted...NORTHERN LIGHTS IS RETIRING FOLKS...it all has to go...