Car crash on way home.

Essexman

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thursday evening on my drive home we (I car share) found a car on its side in front of us. Bits of car all over the place. Dust in the air, it had just happened. Two cars infront did a three point turn a drove off, nice. My friend called it in, "all three" he replied when asked "which service do you require?".

By now there were a few people around said car which was about 50 foot ahead of us, my friend went to see if he could help in any way. I took it upon myself to stand in the road with my fenix and flag down on coming cars that were driving up the road to stop them driving into the area, keeping the road clear for the many sirens I could hear coming.

Within minutes the paramedic first response were there, then the fire service, then the police, then another fire service, more police. I could hear them cutting the roof off, they shut the road further down, and so we left.

Then this morning I went to my local paper website and found this

So sad.

RA40

Flashlight Enthusiast
Very sad. :(

I've long been concerned about walking along highly traveled streets. The city in their "beauty" wisdom staggered the sidewalk so it winds against the street then behind the tree line. The tree line is great because some of the trees are nearing 40+ years and are quite robust. Then other streets, the sidewalk is along the street. I haven't heard of many curb jumping incidents so I'm glad. Now and then, I do see various walls that someone has attempted to drive through.

Saaby

Flashaholic
That is indeed very sad. On an almost unrelated note, I spent a few hours yesterday visiting a company who reconstructs accidents, mostly for lawsuits. Very interesting stuff.