Help me find an LED AA nylon body light?

RA40

Flashlight Enthusiast
Last night with the thunderstorms, the power went out. I got to thinking about pops and his cheap plastic incan lights. Sadly, that was exactly what he was using to get around the house.

At 89 he's prone to dropping things and while a nice aluminum bodied light is readily available, it's not suitable for him. It will dent the floors and who knows what else on the way down. So a nylon bodied or light with rubber bumpers is preferred.

There are choices in 123's but I can hear dad commenting about paying for batteries. Even if I did get him a bunch of Battery Station types, he'd still see the cost at the usual retail stores.

Also has to be easy to push or twist...I was going to give him an old Fenix L1P but he doesn't like the switch. (This was some years ago.) Streamlight 2AA ProPolymer LED is one I came across but there has to be others I'm missing.

Recco's?

dealgrabber2002

Flashlight Enthusiast
I read Eagletac is coming out with a few of them that's not made of aluminum. You can check out the thread in CPFMP. No pictures yet.

Edit: also the ICON modus (1AA and 2AA)

LEDninja

Flashlight Enthusiast
25 LUMEN - 4AA LED FLASHLIGHT Kinda fat.

My favourite is a 2AA with LED upgrade.
2AA GEL BRITE RUBBER LIGHT or 2AA Rubber Flashlight with this upgrade bulb 1 WATT- 1.5-8V LED REPLACEMENT MODULE
I prefer the Gelbrite. The gel rubber is softer and the faceted reflector smoothes out artifacts.
The Gelbrite is also available in 2D.
The LED module should work with pops fave plastic incan (may not in lanterns).

If your local store does not carry them go to Dorcy Direct.
Check
http://www.cpfmarketplace.com/mp/showthread.php?t=181841
for any coupon codes.

LED_Thrift

Flashlight Enthusiast
My dad loved the rubber bodied safelite. The glow in the dark feature is great, too. Runs a long time between battery changes.

paulr

Flashaholic
Tek-Tite.com has some very sturdy if a bit pricey nylon bodied lights. They are top quality and the guy who makes them is an occasional CPF'er. I have a couple of them that I'm quite fond of.

RA40

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks guys! The Target I stopped by had been raided...not much but some Inova and beaters. Will check WalMart, if not I'll hit up the mail order. I'm surprised to see how many offerings Dorcy has in their line-up.

mcnair55

Flashlight Enthusiast
Get him to wear it on a lanyard around his neck,some of the small lights running on AAA or AA or 123 cells can lighten up a whole room and weigh next to nothing.

hogger

Newly Enlightened
Brinkmann Armor Max 1AA 14.99 @ Academy sports and also on Wal-mart on line, 19.99 I think. Very nice light.

Cheers

Latest posts