Almost lost my U2 today

ABTOMAT

Flashlight Enthusiast
For anyone who carries lights with belt or pocket clips, make sure they stay clipped. I was helping a friend get a part for her car from the local junkyard today. Lots of wriggling in and out of cars packed right next to each other. I got home and started to get changed, then realized my U2 was no longer on my belt. Right about then I was thinking I had just given someone a $280 late Christmas present. Drove back to the yard, wandered around for a little bit, and finally found the U2 in the driver's seat of a Malibu I had been working in.

All's well that ends well. Take care when you're working in tight places that nothing falls off your person.

Nitroz

Flashlight Enthusiast
For anyone who carries lights with belt or pocket clips, make sure they stay clipped. I was helping a friend get a part for her car from the local junkyard today. Lots of wriggling in and out of cars packed right next to each other. I got home and started to get changed, then realized my U2 was no longer on my belt. Right about then I was thinking I had just given someone a $280 late Christmas present. Drove back to the yard, wandered around for a little bit, and finally found the U2 in the driver's seat of a Malibu I had been working in.

All's well that ends well. Take care when you're working in tight places that nothing falls off your person.

On my nice light such as my U2 I use rip cord and loop that through my belt buckle. So even if it does get loose it stays with me.

I am glad you found your light.

Campdavid

Newly Enlightened
Sadly, I actually lost my U2 last October....a part of me still feels empty.

I went kayak fishing in southwest Wisconsin and for once in my life actually got on the water before sun up. Since there was some boat traffic, I put my modified white NiteIze traffic wand on my U2 and secured it to the flag pole behind my seat (BTW that traffic wand makes a great addition to a U2 turning it into a really nice camping lantern). After a few hours of fishing the weather changed...high winds and a SNOW squall! At some point while paddling against the wind, the flag pole came loose from the deck and "plunk" right into the drink.
I heard it hit the side and actually watched it sink to it's watery death.....poor little guy was still glowing bright as it spiraled down the drain.
My knee jerk reaction was to dive in after it and I almost did. But I was fishing alone, the air temp was below freezing, the water was cold and deep (about 40 feet deep).

With the current state of the economy I can't even afford to replace it.:sigh:

etc

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't trust belt clips. I almost lost a Garmin GPS that gets clipped to your belt the same way. Push on it just the right way, sitting in a car would be on example, and it comes off.

abarth_1200

Flashlight Enthusiast
That is how I lost my first nitecore extreme, was on a camping trip, going back and forth to my car getting stuff out, didnt notice till... you guessed it, until it started to get dark.

I must have ripped the whole car to pieces at least twice during that night and since then everytime I hoover out the car I always hope to find it under the seat somewhere.

One thing to put a smile back on my face is when the new owner finds it and eventually figures out what kind of batteries it takes and then finds out how much one CR123 goes for in your regular supermarket-£4.

jimmy1970

Flashlight Enthusiast

You're just lucky that people that hang around junkyards are so honest or on the other hand, maybe no one saw it before you go it back!:D

ABTOMAT

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sorry to hear what some of you guys have lost. So far I've been lucky--only light I've ever lost was a CMG Infinity-G, although it was back when they were cool lights.

JHC, I don't normally notice the U2 unless sit down. The day I was in the junkyard I was wearing two layers of pants, two jackets, and snow boots. Probably could have lost a hand and not felt it.