Lens Cover for TK40???

recDNA

Flashaholic
I carry my TK40 locked out and with the head unscrewed enough so it cannot turn on it doesn't fit in its plastic box. I prefer to carry it in my pack without the box anyway. I don't want to risk scratching the lens.

This is kind of a crazy question but I wonder if anybody has found any common product that comes with a 1.5 inch cover that happens to fit snugly over the lens of the TK40? Ya, I know I'm cheap but if somebody knows I'm sure they read this forum!

Norm

Retired Administrator
Take it to you local camera shop and try a few different lens covers, you may be lucky and find one to fit.
Norm

recDNA

Flashaholic
Take it to you local camera shop and try a few different lens covers, you may be lucky and find one to fit.
Norm

Thanks for the suggestion!

As a last resort....I don't want to pay 5 bucks for what a 50 cent tupperware lid could do!

LeifUK

Enlightened
You might be able to cut the base off a suitable plastic container such as a shampoo bottle and use that as a cap.

recDNA

Flashaholic

Hey! I have one of those Lysol Wipes cannisters. My TK40 is in the car so I can't try it yet but assuming the case hasn't changed (and mine is at least a month old) I'm golden.

Unfortunately, most of the wipes are still in the container so I'll have to wait until it's empty :-(

If anybody else finds a lid that fits from a REALLY cheap product let me know - I'll buy it and throw away the product!

Magic Matt

Enlightened
Asda/Walmart have some plastic drinking cups that fit neatly over it. Mine cost 60 pence... that's about $1. Cheap enough?

I am going to cut it down with the hacksaw though.

Camera lens cap didn't work - the slight bevel on the inside means there's nothing to grip onto as most camera lenses have a thread that the lens cap grips to stay on.

recDNA

Flashaholic
the macadamia nuts are like 6 bucks lulz....

It turns out the 16 oz Rite Aide dry roasted peanut lid fits PERFECTLY. Thanks for the tip on Macadamia nuts because I then compared lids and found they were the same. Peanut lid is red too - macs are blue. I like the red better.

OK NOW for the REAL test!

How about a cap for the tail so the button isn't accidentally depressed?

It could fit inside or outside. A Coke cap is too small for inside. A big vitamin bottle lid is just barely too tight for outside. You can actually force it on and turn the light on and off by opening the vitamin flip lid but the whole thing can pop off because it is stretched a little to fit and the tail is an odd shape - not round.

Still trying for the tail cap. The peanut lid is absolutely perfecto for the head.

recDNA

Flashaholic
Make something out of FIMO! :nana:

I have to confess, I just undo mine slightly.

What's FIMO?

I usually lock mine out too but I thought a tail cap would be cool. The button is so easily pressed.