2xaa thrower

fannin

Enlightened
hi i would like to get a good outdoors light and would like to stick with the 2x aa format.

i have a nitecore d10 and a fenix ld20, the ld20 throws better than the d10 but i want more

in my research i have found the eagletac p20a2 and dereelight javelin (i may have trouble sourcing the javelin in the u.k., does anyone know where i could get it?) which of these would you go for or are there other options you would recommend?

i had a fenix tk20, i liked it a lot, it threw very nicely but it was too big (i would like it to be more edc'able although i would sacrifice a little more weight for better throw)

thanks

jenskh

Enlightened
The Javelin is very nice. You can get it from Dereelight.com (free shipping 10-14 days).

fa__

Newly Enlightened
+1 for the javelin, as you can use 2 or 3 AA , and any P60 / D26 module !

qtaco

Newly Enlightened
(i may have trouble sourcing the javelin in the u.k., does anyone know where i could get it?)

My Javelin made it into the UK unmolested. I'd recommend it over the L2D, the only other 2xAA light I have.

fannin

Enlightened
thanks for all the responses, out of the lights mentioned which would throw the best?

Lumapower Vantage
Quark Turbo 2AA
Dereelight Javelin
eagletac p20a2

a lot of people like the javelin and i am very interested in getting it but was concerned with getting hit with a customs charge (this has also put me off buying quarks before), thanks qtaco for letting me know that yours was left alone, i wanted to buy an extender for 3aa and a smooth reflector with it, did you just buy the light?

i can't seem to find any info about the output modes on the javelin, from the website it looks like there is a 1 mode and a 3 mode but i can't find out any more about them, is there a review somewhere that i've missed?

thanks again :twothumbs

jenskh

Enlightened
thanks for all the responses, out of the lights mentioned which would throw the best?

Lumapower Vantage
Quark Turbo 2AA
Dereelight Javelin
eagletac p20a2

a lot of people like the javelin and i am very interested in getting it but was concerned with getting hit with a customs charge (this has also put me off buying quarks before), thanks qtaco for letting me know that yours was left alone, i wanted to buy an extender for 3aa and a smooth reflector with it, did you just buy the light?

i can't seem to find any info about the output modes on the javelin, from the website it looks like there is a 1 mode and a 3 mode but i can't find out any more about them, is there a review somewhere that i've missed?

thanks again :twothumbs
I have never got any customs on any shipment from dereelight.com :whistle:

fannin

Enlightened
thanks a lot for the responses guys;)

could anyone explain the modes on the javelin? i can't find any info and there are 2 versions to choose from

Dioni

Flashlight Enthusiast
The informations that we have are the same like at site. It's just released and I dont know a review yet.

I recomend the Javalin because it is a P60 drop-in compatible and it could provide better throw than other AAs lights.

IMO it will be a great option.

fannin

Enlightened
thanks but perhaps some of the guys who own it might know how the modes/switching (like which mode it turns on in, the brightness levels and how to switch between modes) work

knuckletwo

Newly Enlightened
thanks but perhaps some of the guys who own it might know how the modes/switching (like which mode it turns on in, the brightness levels and how to switch between modes) work

Hi Fannin,

I just received my Javelin with the XP-G - R5 LED. This thing is really bright and throws rather well. I ordered the 3S model which has three output levels (High/Med/Low) with memory mode. It has a forward clickie and a soft click will toggle it thru each mode. Leave the light at the chosen brightness level for a second or more, and it will remember that level the next time you turn it on, so you can choose the brightness level. BTW, I ordered mine from flashlight connection and it was delivered very quickly (ordered friday night - got it monday:thumbsup:) I am in southern Ca. so it didn't have to travel too far. Hope this helps

Swedpat

Flashlight Enthusiast
Dereelight Javelin is a very interesting flashlight! Max 220lm and possibility to run with 3AA. I just wonder about the regulation, it's a very important issue for me...

Regards, Patric

Swedpat

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thank you qtaco for your reply!

According to your test Javelin provides slightly over one hour very good regulated runtime with 2xEneloop, close to the runtime of Fenix TK20, but significantly brighter.
I guess that one can expect at least 50% longer runtime using 3AA. In that case that would mean about the same runtime as Fenix TK10 with around the same brightness. Yes, it will be a much longer flashlight, but the advantage of using AA batteries, and with Eneloops it may be a good choice! :thumbsup:

BUT: what's THIS:... CL1H SMO-XRE reflector--$5
pixel.gif
CL1H OP-XRE reflector----$5
pixel.gif
DBS OP-MCE reflector----$20
pixel.gif
DBS OP-XRE reflector----$20
pixel.gif
DBS SMO-XRE reflector---$20
pixel.gif
C2H SMO-XRE reflector---$4
pixel.gif