Inside a 7-11 this morning:

curtispdx

Enlightened
Okay, a couple of times a week I visit a nearby 7-11, grab some coffee and chit chat with the clerk.

Today, he's pretty animated and wants to tell me how he came upon this HUGE Mag Light he's holding. He said a customer came in earlier and the clerk spotted the light. The customer told him that he found it in a parking lot and it's really good at thwarting off robbers and such.

The clerk wants to buy it from him right then and there because he thinks it's a police flashlight but the customer refuses.

Well, the customer gets his coffee, pays, and leaves.

Later, the clerk finds the light on a counter; it seems that the customer set it there and forgot about it.

As far as the clerk is concerned the light is now his and he's pretty darn excited and wants to show it to me.

Man, that thing is a beater. I'm guessing four or five D cells and, hey, there's an LED in it. (Looks like a Terralux.)

Clerk has no idea what an LED is but is pretty impressed with how bright it is. (It was pretty dim though, not sure why he was so impressed.)

He's still convinced it's a police light and wants to compare it to mine so I show him my MD4 Wildcat.

"WOW! LOOK HOW BRIGHT THAT IS! IT LIGHTS UP THE WHOLE STORE!" "How much would you sell this to me right now?" He asked. "This is the brightest flashlight I've ever seen!" and he promptly points it at his face and turns it on. Repeatedly. :shakehead

I let him play around with it for a moment or two then I reached into my jacket pocket and showed him my 6P/SST-90 and cycled through the Lo/Med/Hi/Strobe/SOS.

"WOW! THAT'S THE COOLEST FLASHLIGHT I'VE EVER SEEN!" he said. "Forget this one [Wildcat], how much would you sell this one to me, right now?" :crackup:

"No wonder you hide that one in your pocket!"

He isn't so impressed with his Mag anymore. ;)

Steve in SoCal

Enlightened
Even if it was a 5d mag your lights would have been brighter. :twothumbsHa ha do you normally carry around a flashlight in each pocket?:naughty:

jac2001

Newly Enlightened
Ha ha do you normally carry around a flashlight in each pocket?:naughty:

I normally pack three, a C2/SST50, a D2/M60, & an E2DL, plus at least one set of spares for each on my person, plus the rest of a 50ct. box in the "aw' hell! it's gonna be a bad day" EDC tool bag.

Don't we all?:D

Vesper

Enlightened
For a 7-11 clerk, and considering all factors, I'd say a beater 5d Maglite is by far the best all-around option (seriously). :twak:

T0RN4D0

Enlightened
Haha you should have sold him the first one, and just as he would be all enthusiastic about it, pull out the SST90 hahahah, that would be a major burn :devil:

Kindle

Enlightened
I'm guessing you made sure you had both your lights firmly secured in your possession before leaving that store.