NEXTORCH - 300 m long-shot E6        

Thread: FS: McGizmo Sundrop....SOLD

Default FS: McGizmo Sundrop....SOLD

Hi Guys...

I`m in both a "Let`s Clean House" mode and a "Time to Transfer the Custody of Safe Queens" mode, so I plan on opening a few sale threads for *a bunch* of my flashlights. This thread is the first such sale, and is part of the "Let`s Clean House" effort.

For sale is a respectfully used Sundrop from one of Don`s original runs. It`s a "one speed" high CRI LED, and takes a 123 primary battery. (I believe that it was recommended not to use rechargeable batteries this model.) It works great, and only has the typical light scratches on the Ti body that happens with use. I don`t see any scratches on the lens.

I`m selling this light only because I recently picked up a later-version Sundrop XR-U. Here is the light that I`m offering for sale:

The price: $350.00 USD

Now reduced to $325.00

SOLD to StandardBattery!

I`ll cover shipping CONUS via USPS Priority Mail, with tracking. If insurance is requested, that will be extra at the actual cost of the same. Per usual, all risks of shipping are with the buyer once I put that package into the hands of the USPS.

International and/or Non-CONUS buyers are welcome, provided that you cover all shipping costs in excess of the CONUS shipping costs that would otherwise be incurred. And again, all risks of shipping and delivery are with the buyer once the package is mailed.

The first person to post an "I`ll take it", or a reasonable variation of the same, in this thread will be the buyer. (Asking a question won`t create a placeholder for you.) I can accept both cash-funded and CC-funded Paypal (but no E-Checks, please). I`ll eat the PP fees. Once a buyer posts in this thread, we can exchange PM`s or emails to sort out the shipping and payment logistics.

Thanks for looking!

Last edited by Carpe Diem; 01-29-2010 at 09:23 PM.
    Proud custodian of Tvodrd`s Tungsten Larry Light, a CR2 LL, some NLS's, a 14430 LL, a CR2 LL head on Don's modded Arc AA; Peter`s Arc`s and Brass Arc AAA; Mike Jordan`s gems; some really great lights from Enrique, Fred and Tain ...and *several* of Don`s creations.

Default Re: FS: McGizmo Sundrop

Great light / seller/ price , good luck with your sale!

Quote Originally Posted by stienke View Post
    Great light / seller/ price , good luck with your sale!
    Hi Steinke...

Thank you!

Proud custodian of Tvodrd`s Tungsten Larry Light, a CR2 LL, some NLS's, a 14430 LL, a CR2 LL head on Don's modded Arc AA; Peter`s Arc`s and Brass Arc AAA; Mike Jordan`s gems; some really great lights from Enrique, Fred and Tain ...and *several* of Don`s creations.

Yes, this seller is CPF Elite. Best of the best.

Great light, great price, too.

Quote Originally Posted by arewethereyetdad View Post
    Yes, this seller is CPF Elite. Best of the best.

Great light, great price, too.

Hi Troy...

Thank you for your kind words.

(And fear not...per our deal, I`ll continue to send those monthly checks to you for payment for these types of posts.)

John, I'm not sure you have my address right - haven't seen one yet.

I'd be all over this if I didn't already have a Sundrop and insufficient disposable income (for now) to buy a spare. It's my favorite light. From the perspective of a flashaholic who primarily uses flashlights indoors and is somewhat CPU-phobic (I like mechanically switched lights), the 1-speed Sundrop is the best pocket light ever made, period. js's review is as usual deep and passionate:

http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/...d.php?t=214932

Hi Paulr...

Thanks for the link to JS`s review.

Default Re: FS: McGizmo Sundrop....Reduced

Price reduced.

Bump

Carpe: Great to see you up and around and posting! Great seller!!!

Flashaholic

Good luck with your sale John, i still love the McLuxIII PDS (now a mizer) i got off you..............Al
    Last edited by litew8; 01-27-2010 at 06:46 AM.

Thanks, guys!

O.o!!!!

Oh man I so want this...
    Do you accept installments? hahaha!

*drool drool drool*
    oh.. my keyboard!! O.o!!

Quote Originally Posted by polkiuj View Post
    O.o!!!!

Oh man I so want this...
    Do you accept installments? hahaha!

*drool drool drool*
    oh.. my keyboard!! O.o!!
    At that price, one installment should be a cinch.
    We are all flotsam and jetsam being carried by a relentless tide towards our ultimate fate!

Quote Originally Posted by easilyled View Post
    At that price, one installment should be a cinch.
    But I'm from Malaysia. That's RM 1, 100++ in my currency, excluding shipping. And we earn less in RM than Americans earn in USD.

That's more than half my salary.

Not that cheap.. =(

Quote Originally Posted by polkiuj View Post
    But I'm from Malaysia. That's RM 1, 100++ in my currency, excluding shipping. And we earn less in RM than Americans earn in USD.

That's more than half my salary.

Not that cheap.. =(
    polkiuj, I didn't mean to imply that the light is easy for everybody to afford. (so pardon me if I came across as being insensitive)

What I did mean is that its a bargain considering that its nearly $100 lower than cost for a fantastic light.
    We are all flotsam and jetsam being carried by a relentless tide towards our ultimate fate!

Yea I understand. Dun worry about it.

Just my luck. I just spent money to get a camera and now this comes out and I can't afford it. Sad...

@ Carpe Diem: Sorry for the little hijacking of ur thread. Hehe. Consider it a free bump for an excellent light. (Not that I know lol)

need... to... sell... all... my... lights... to... get... this...

Flashaholic*

PM Sent

Hi guys...thanks for the free bumps!

StandardBattery...per your PM, this great light is being sold to you pending payment of funds. Response PM being sent regarding the payment logistics. Thanks!

I'm glad you found a buyer. It was getting harder to resist snagging it myself.

Default Re: FS: McGizmo Sundrop....SPF

Noooo... "MY" *ehem* light.. =(

hehehe

Nice one StandardBattery!

Flashaholic*

Looking forward to the

Hi StandardBattery...

PP has been received. Thank you!

Your light will be shipped ASAP, per my PM to you. Please let me know when it arrives.

Thanks again!

Last edited by Carpe Diem; 01-29-2010 at 09:23 PM.

Flashaholic*

Default Re: FS: McGizmo Sundrop....SOLD

The light arrived safe and as described!

Wonderful light. I must say MxGizmo lights look exactly as you would expect. I guess with all the great pictures that have been posed that could be expected, but I rarely get a light and say "that's exactly how I imagined it from the photos".

The threads are truely wonderful for titanium, but shorter than I expected.

The color temp is warmer than I expected, the beam is nicer than I expected over all. A perfect near to mid field beam indoors. I have yet to test outdoors. I tend to like a slightly warmer beam. I have yet to do any resolution tests to see if the high CRI is helpful in close up work, but I just love the beam for moving around when it's dark in the house.

Carpe Diem really made the transaction extremely smooth and problem free. Even put up with my late payment that was initially going to be even later. Three Cheers for Carpe Diem!

ps.. when the XP-G is available with a warmer tint I may just be looking to get a Haiku.