Olight M21

ObiHann

Newly Enlightened
I love super bright lights, wether I find a good use for them or not, I love them. I'm wondering if the Olight M21 is accurate in its claim to 500 lumen, and also if it is worth the cost, from a quality stand point. I'm still pretty new go high quality lights, so I don't yet know what is good or bad.

easilyled

Flashaholic
I love super bright lights, wether I find a good use for them or not, I love them. I'm wondering if the Olight M21 is accurate in its claim to 500 lumen, and also if it is worth the cost, from a quality stand point. I'm still pretty new go high quality lights, so I don't yet know what is good or bad.

The Olight M21 produces between 300 and 350 out the front lumens.

So you probably would not find the 500 lumen claim accurate. This is the manufacturer's theoretical estimate before lumen losses due to drivers, reflectors and lenses.

Even then its on the generous side.

If you want a super bright light that is still quite compact, get the Olight M21's bigger brother the Olight M30 Triton.

You can run this on either 3 CR123s or 2 18500s (without the extender). The 18500s will give you much better runtime and guilt-free lumens.

The M30 is one bright sucker and you won't be disappointed.

Last edited:

ObiHann

Newly Enlightened
hmmm, that light looks nice, and those numbers are getting close to the eagletac m2c4, though I head those numbers are very over exaggerated so there probably about the same haha. The M30 claims 700 lumen, that would be crazy bright compared to my nitecore d20 :D