Quark Mini AA Clip?

AlphaZen

Enlightened
Has anyone found a clip solution for the Quark Mini AA? Not a hanging clip, but a standard clip. It is the one thing holding me back from hitting :paypal:.

jabe1

Flashlight Enthusiast
That link doesn't lead to any clip pic. Please, verify it.

Sorry if I misrepresented.The clip I'm using is from the 1xAA energizer light discussed in the thread I linked to. I can't post pics at the moment but I'll try to later today.

Just found a picture of them! look here

Last edited:

jabe1

Flashlight Enthusiast
Here is what mine looks like.
IMG%5D

IMG%5D

I used a Dremel with a small cutoff wheel and removed the lowest of the 3 wrap-arounds to get a better fit (you can see the bare metal still!) Then I slowly bent them closed to get a tighter fit. Thirdly, I re-bent the clip, angle to allow it to clip farther down in my jeans pocket. Works great! :)

Last edited:

AlphaZen

Enlightened
Thank you jabe1, that looks great! :thinking: I wonder if my local Target has any Energizer 1 watt lights. My girlfriend needs a new light, right?

jankj

Enlightened
Has anyone found a clip solution for the Quark Mini AA? Not a hanging clip, but a standard clip.

I know this is not what you ask for, but I am very happy with the Tec Accessories P7 hanging clip from J.S. Burly's (link). It hangs lower in the pocket, which I find useful - it's easier to get those other things in my pockets (wallet, coins and so on). It is also more discrete looking...

I used to clip the quark AA to my jeans pocket and was happy with that, but the mini + Tec P7 clip is so much more elegant...

AlphaZen

Enlightened
They did have the Energizer at Autozone, but it was $22. That was more than I was willing to spend for basically a clip. Although, getting the dremel out is always fun.

@Mr. Shawn - That looks like a good solution. Where on the Quark do you put it? It looks like the end of the Quark is wider than the rest of the body. Do you clip it just below that?

@jankj - That isn't what I am looking for, but hopefully someone viewing this thread might find it helpful.

Mr. Shawn

Enlightened
@Mr. Shawn - That looks like a good solution. Where on the Quark do you put it? It looks like the end of the

I pulled the clip apart ever so gently and slid it onto the butt end, which is wider than the body, then slid the clip down onto the body. The clip is angled forward just a little bit due to its top resting on the butt, but this placement adds to the resistance when opening the clip, decreasing the chance of the clip getting bent open too much. It works like a charm for me. :thumbsup: