A sign that I've bought/sold/traded too often

curtispdx

Enlightened
Post Office employee as I'm dropping off yet another flashlight to be mailed: "Do you run a business?"

Me: "No, I, uh, well, this is going to sound odd, uh, well, there's this large community of people that like flashlights, and, uh, well, that's what I've been mailing so often...sounds odd, right?"

Post Office employee: "No, I'm just trying to wrap my mind around different flashlights...well, I guess I understand because I'm always needing one that's brighter or able to use hands-free [she said something else too but I was just wanting to pay and leave] so I get it."

I think she was being polite.

The worst part? I don't even use this branch often; there are at least two others that I use WAY more than this one...:shakehead

Actually, they know me by name there...

Last edited:

Kestrel

Flashaholic
LOL, I know what you mean. I carpool with a person on the one day a week I am able to stop by the post office before it closes - for a couple months last year I think he was getting a little tired of me shipping lights out most trips. :crazy:

joshconsulting

Enlightened
I've averaged 3 UPS deliverys per week for the past 1.5 years (thanks, Amazon Prime!), plus countless USPS packages. So me and the UPS\post office people are on a first-name basis :laughing: It's easily been over 150 packages in the past year alone.

Too many computer parts...

NonSenCe

Flashlight Enthusiast
below polar circle.. in country which used to make
i have same with my post office.. they see the most of my packages.. one arrival per week minimum.. and couple going out per month..

as long as customs office wont get too curious and inform "irs" im fine.. hahah. they will soon start to think i must be doing some business in china and usa..

Henk_Lu

Flashlight Enthusiast
As my wife works for our postal company, we know the man who normally serves us in the local postal office. He's a professionnal and doesn't ask questions, but he laughs when he sees me or my wife and goes immediately behind the counter to search for parcels, without even asking... :whistle:

T0RN4D0

Enlightened
Im probably the village idiot that gets 90% of the yellow envelopes here hahah :D I usually don't ship out of my local post office since their never opened when i go there :D

strinq

Enlightened
Seems like you're still ok. :)

You can tell that you're in the 'too often' zone when you get a package and can't remember that you actually bought it...

souptree

Flashlight Enthusiast
:twak: You have let us down!! :whoopin:

A civilian wanted to chat about flashlights and you just wanted to pay and get out of there?? Get your *** back to the post office and give her a flashlight!!

:santa: :buddies:

curtispdx

Enlightened
:twak: You have let us down!! :whoopin:

A civilian wanted to chat about flashlights and you just wanted to pay and get out of there?? Get your *** back to the post office and give her a flashlight!!

:santa: :buddies:

You don't get embarrassed talking lights to "civilians?" I do, especially when they kind of look away and tilt their head at mere mention of it.

It's a lot like talking to a puppy. :laughing: