Post Your OTHER Hobbies Here. - Pics Included.

jtice

Flashaholic
I wanted to know what all of your Other hobbies were besides flashlights.

Mine include, hiking, camping, caving, rock climbing, playing guitar, all electronics, drawing, pottery, wood working, knives, guns, GPS, Geocaching, offroading, and a few others I can't remember right now. LOL

Here is a link to some of my art work. Hope you like it.
Art Work Web Page

Screehopper

Enlightened
Re: Post Your OTHER Hobbies Here. - Pics Inclu

Mountaineering and backpacking, scuba diving, photography, hamradio (also volunteering to provide disaster communications), automobiles, travel, offroading. Used to paintball a great deal, but now I'm into airsoft.

Oddly enough, flashlights compliment the majority of my hobbies. Well, okay, so photography is the capture of light on a medium.

lhz

Newly Enlightened

Mainly reading and scuba diving. Eating and sleeping too, if they count as hobbies.

zmoz

Enlightened

Hobbies? What are those? I guess mine is working. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif Any spare time I have I'm usually doing something to my truck.

logicnerd411

Flashlight Enthusiast

Have this:

PEGT615CS.jpg

Need this:

01.jpg

Answer? Hobbies include electronics, mainly Palms.

Dan

Chris M.

Flashlight Enthusiast

My other passion is still related to lights - I have a vast and comprehensive collection of light bulbs and festive lighting sets. Must be over 2500 bulbs and nearing 300 boxed light sets, of all ages shapes and sizes. Bulbs dating back to the mid 1880s and light sets from the 20s, right up to the present day.

A small percentage of the bulbs:
bulbswindowsill.jpg

An even smaller percentage can be seen at http://bulbmuseum.net .

As well as collecting festive lights, I display them too (not the ones in the collection, mind). Mostly US-origin lights bought specially for the big outside Holiday Light Show. See all at http://displays.bulbmuseum.net .

There isn`t much more to me than that. I have developed an interest in vintage fire alarm parts lately because of my job (as a fire alarm engineer, wouldn`t you know) and have a growing collection of stuff at work which I`ll photograph and publish online some day. But other than that, I`m a lighting obsessive through and through. I guess I`m just a habitual collector too....

And hey - most fire alarm equipment`s covered with indicator lights after all!

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/eek.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*

I collect insulators. You know, insulators, those glass things on the tops of telephone poles you may have shot out as a kid?
I have a website about them:
Insulators: The Hidden Obsession

I also raise houseplants - though most of them croaked while I was away late last year. All I have left now are a couple of cacti and a couple of Euphorbia x lomi (the "thorny Jesus plant"). The Euphorbias are a version of the "crown of thorns" plant, hence the nickname.
Even my peace lily croaked while I was away, and they're hard to kill. And that big ficus tree I had by the window - that's gone too. And you can forget about the african violets - deader than doorknobs.

Besides all the flashlights and LEDs I have, I guess the insulator collection is about it these days. But I'm more interested in flashlights and LEDs than I am in insulators. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif :toliet: /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif

BF Hammer

Enlightened

Yo-yos. I collect them, I play with them, I mod them, and I compete in yo-yo trick contests at the state and regional level. I also perform spin-top tricks. I would also consider photography to be a secondary hobby, and I combine them by taking photos at contests and get together.

Pictures from a previous thread

Pictures I took during my most recent competition, Mid-West Regionals at the Mall of America

Sorry I don't have any pictures online right now of me and my yo's

star882

Enlightened

Computers and electronics are my main hobbies.
I am currently working on modding an old computer(P3 800MHz).

B@rt

Flashaholic

Old computer? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon3.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif
I'm on a P2 333MHz one here... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif

DrAg0n

Banned

[ QUOTE ]
logicnerd411 said:
Have this:

PEGT615CS.jpg

Need this:

01.jpg

Answer? Hobbies include electronics, mainly Palms.

Dan

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah Brother Hi 5!

But i want this:
b101937.jpg

Kinda difficult to carry my current Palm Vx and 2 phones, so im hoping to combine 2 of them... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif But its rather Ex though....

Other Hobbies: Military Gear (BlackHawk)
header2.jpg
and knives

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*

[ QUOTE ]
star882 said:
I am currently working on modding an old computer(P3 800MHz).

[/ QUOTE ]
Old computer?!?
Somewhere around here, I have old Commodore 64 and Commodore 128 computers, a couple of 1541 5.25" disk drives, a 1531 Datassette, a 1702 monitor, and some other horse puckey that goes with these computers. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/eek.gif
These computers aren't that old, unless you consider 1982 and 1984 to be "old". /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif But they're older than a P3 800MHz system. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif

Josh

Flashlight Enthusiast

333..I thought my 633MZh was/is junk... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mecry.gif Not calling yours junk B@rt, but I can't stand my 633 /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

SHINER

Newly Enlightened

Lets see.
I collect knives.Peanut patterns.
I metal detect.Love finding relics from the civil war.Confederate relics.
I fish.Have around 25 spinning reels.
Love singing for JESUS.Sing CHRISTian Country.Working on third CD.
Oh I dig for old bottles.Have around 1200 on display and stored up.
And now DANG Flashlights!! Somebody STOP ME!!! HEHE.
CHRIS.

star882

Enlightened

"Old computer?!?"
Well, it's old compared to my new computer(2.4GHz P4).
At least that old computer can run Fear Factor pretty good(actually, it's the computer's video card that determines it(that machine has a Radeon 7000)).
I also have a 200MHz Pentium MMX and a 633MHz Pentium 3, both in working condition.
I have a 21 year old(assembled in 12/2/1981) DMM(remember those nixie tubes) that I still use.

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*

[ QUOTE ]
star882 said:
I have a 21 year old(assembled in 12/2/1981) DMM(remember those nixie tubes) that I still use.

[/ QUOTE ]
I have an old bench type voltmeter that uses nixie tubes for its display. I don't use it very often, but it's good to have around as a backup. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

As for old computers, one of mine uses a 1.02MHz RISC processor... nice & slow. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

richpalm

Banned

Other biggest hobby is the computer and Palm OS handhelds-hence my username. Also web page editing to make Palm documents.

Rich