DBS MC-E and Flood?

ranmcc

Newly Enlightened
I am looking for a good flood that will give out a bright wall of light especially at my feet and beyond for walking around in the summer time. I am considering the DBS mc-e with extension and orange peel reflecter. I want something really bright but am having trouble coming off $150 even though I like the upgradeablity of the light.

Any other alternatives that are just as good?

Vesper

Enlightened
For a decent price you could stick a Malkoff M60F in a Solarforce and run it on a single 18650. It's a great setup and is very bright. You could also get a cheaper MC-E module from elsewhere for whatever host works best and diffuse it yourself. You'd ideally want something without a deep reflector if you want a lot of light at your feet.

hyperloop

Flashlight Enthusiast
If it is pure flood that you want, you can take a look at the Romisen RC N3s, there are a number of versions of this light, single mode, 2 mode, cool white, neutral white etc. They're available at Shiningbeam and there is a discount code "CPFuser" for when you check out.

What is different in this light as compared to my other 2xAA lights is that you can remove the head and what you will get is the LED without a reflector, hence no hotspot, just a pure wall of light.

edit: for $150 you could probably buy 4-5 of those lights

hoongern

Enlightened
Yup, being able to take off the head turns it into a great flood light. However, I would be a bit cautious using it for long periods as I think the head contributes to cooling down the flashlight, so without it it may overheat. Not sure how much effect it would have on the life though.

duboost

Enlightened
I'd consider the Olight M30. It's compact and light which makes it good for walks, as you don't wanna be lugging around something too heavy or bulky. It definitely has a bright floody beam and comes with a diffusor as well if u wanted even more flood.