Epsilon ED-P72 Review (pics w/beamshots)

bunnywunny1

Newly Enlightened
I got my Epsilon ed-p72 in last week, it is the scratch version which is selling for $79

Even though this is the scratch version, the finish is nearly perfect, there is a some slight hairline scratches on the head of the flashlight but nothing noticable unless your really looking hard!

The light looks like it is very well built and feels very solid in the hand. As others have mention the bezel is sharp (which I like) and the knurling is nice.

The output is what you would expect from a p7 light, impressive. It puts out a nice beam of light without a noticable donut hole :grin2:. Its not a big thrower but its not super floody either. Its in between, decent throw with nice bright spill. I would say it throws a tad bit farther than my tk11 r2 (op) but with a much bigger hotspot.

Overall im very happy with the light, its a good quality bright light thats great for general use. My only complaint is that the light buzzess loudly in medium and low mode, loud enough to hear it from across the room if its quiet. Its quite annoying when the house is silent. Im not sure if all of these epsilons do this or just mine :poke:

Now some pics:

IMG_7837.jpg

IMG_7850.jpg

IMG_7860.jpg

IMG_7869.jpg

IMG_7873.jpg

IMG_7861.jpg

IMG_7867.jpg

IMG_7882.jpg

IMG_7879.jpg

IMG_7893.jpg

Here are some beamshots, not perfect but they are my first ever beamshot pictures, and it was snowing outside :shakehead

Low:
p72low-1.jpg

Medium:
p72med-1.jpg

High:
p72high-1.jpg

Low:
p72low.jpg

Medium:
p72med.jpg

High:
p72high.jpg

bullettproof

Enlightened
Pics look great but Im done with MC-E's and P7's the way of the New is SST-50 and SST-90's no comparison the SST's perform much better all the way around.:welcome:

bunnywunny1

Newly Enlightened
Thanks, ya my next light is gonna be an sst-50 but for now mce/p7 will have to do :cool: