SureFire E2e brighter than E2 ?

artar

Enlightened
Did anyone noticed that the E2e is (much) brighter than the older E2 ?

i have 2 old unused E2 and 1 brand new E2e. both with fresh surefire 123 batteries, the E2e is remarkably brigther.

than i swap the bulbs and the E2e is also brigther with the unused old bulb from the E2.

than i swap the batteries and the E2e is again brigther.

it must have to do something with the body of the lights. i checked the old E2 body and cleaned them. No change.

Klaus

Flashlight Enthusiast
Tausch mal den Schalter - evtl ist der vermurkst - die sollten beide ziemlich gleich sein, haben dieselben Birnen, nur der Reflektor ist etwas unterschiedlich deshalb ist der Strahl nicht 100% gleich - die Helligkeit ist gleich - ich hatte auch beide (E2 / E2e) - dasselble in grün.

Klaus

chamenos

Flashlight Enthusiast
could be the reflector on the older E2 getting misted up /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Size15's

Flashaholic
I can white wall notice the difference between old (used) Lexan and Pyrex. The difference between the E2 and E2e output beams isn't obvious to me in actual use. (It has been a while though)

Al

jtivat

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't notice a difference, it could be the reflector or something in the switch. You could meter the body through the switch and see the resistance or check the voltage it has to be one of the two. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

hawkhkg11

Enlightened
LEDmuseum has this to say:

"The Lexan lens the original E2 and Satin E2e are outfitted with has an 88% transmissivity, while the anti-reflective (AR-coated) Pyrex lens (E2e-HA) has a transmissivity of about 95%. So you'll get a brightness increase you should be able to actually see."

But artar never mentioned he had an E2e-HA, so it could be something else...

jtivat

Flashlight Enthusiast
All E2e's have the same Pyrex lens and while there maybe a little difference in brightness what he is describing sounds like a big one. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

artar

Enlightened
The lights a have are the older style E2 HA III and the newest version E2e HA III.

Klaus and HAWK-HKG11 tips were right, its the combination of the E2e tail-switch and the E2e Pyrex lens or reflector unit.

jtivat

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
artar said:
Klaus and HAWK-HKG11 tips were right, its the combination of the E2e tail-switch

[/ QUOTE ]

Help us out most of us don't know what Klaus said. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

artar

Enlightened
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

he said that the cause of the problem could be the tail-cap (switch). i should clean it and try again.

Screehopper

Enlightened
Is there a chart that summarizes which SF's come standard with the pyrex or lexan lens? If not, can someone compile one? Thanks.

chamenos

Flashlight Enthusiast
the information is readily available on the surefire website /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif for some models, older versions of the model might have come with lexan whilst the newer ones come with pyrex, e.g. the C2.

lexan:
G2, 6P, Z2, Z3, D2, D3, older version C2 and C3, E1, E2

pyrex:
G2Z, newer version C2 and C3, E1e, E2e, M2, M3, M3T, M4, M6

i might have missed out a few, and i didn't include the rechargables /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

FNinjaP90

Enlightened
Pyrex is the same stuff that they make beakers and test tubes with right? So if it's glass, then wouldn't it be way more scratch-resistant than lexan? This combined with better tranmissivity, why would you bother with lexan? Is it more shock-resistant?

chamenos

Flashlight Enthusiast
P90: pyrex is definitely more heat and scratch-resistant than lexan, but lexan is way more rugged. lexan is practically impossible to shatter or crack, which is why its used in bullet proof glass. notice if you drop a pyrex beaker from waist height it'll shatter but if you take a sledgehammer to a lexan panel all you'll do is gouge or scratch the surface without actually breaking it. additionally, if you crack a pyrex lens on a surefire you'll have to replace the whole bezel whereas for most of the lexan bezels the lens can be easily and cheaply replaced /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Size15's

Flashaholic
Only the old versions of the SureFire's Lexan lens bezels can be replaced -
Z30 Lens Replacement Kit (for Classic 8X)
Z17 Lens Replacement Kit (for Standard 1" Lexan Bezels)
Z19 Lens Replacement Kit (for Z32 Shock Isolated Bezels)