LED Lenser X21 need advice about pimping please

lux lumin

Newly Enlightened
Hi

So let's get down to business... I have been looking at the Coast Led Lenser X21. I have noted the reviews and and bitter sweet after thoughts of our fellow members here.

I fancy the arse off the X21 but not in it's current format not being regulated and having poor weather proofing. So I beg my fellow members here for some sound advice. I have a sick cunning plan and really would like your feedback on what could be something rather special.

My idea being rather simple, to retain the only good point of the X21 the flood to throw zooming focus system. The rest is where things become interesting... I'd like to swap out the emitters for something like SST-50's or XPG-R5's on a nice slim heatsink with proper body contact. Need's to be regulated to run from a battery tray taking 12 AA Lithium or 14500 which would be in place of the 4 D sized cells currently used. Not being the expert that others are I would consider this set up based on my limited knowledge to be twice as powerful 2100 lumen using XPG-R5's and just over 3000 lumen OTF using SST-50's.

The head focusing system to be sealed and weather proofed by adding new double O'rings and filling the small holes located around the outer edge of the torch with transparent glow gum. In an ideal world I'd love to be able to take this shallow diving say to no more than 10 meters... Experts help! The driver/s located in the base of the light using a new switch.

So any ideas - costings and the like would be fantastic, if anybody knows of a light with almost 3K lumen output which is focusable and weather proofed to the extent of 10 meter stints under water then please smash my thread to bits and flame my stupidity because that's what I am looking for.

Thanks for reading and any advice given.

ledlensert7

Newly Enlightened
wow - sounds an awsomew mod -i'm looking at doing a small scale version of this in an old police tech focus, to get an idea for the type of stuf and the electronics, maybe in the future i will mod a x21- if you do then report how well it goes!