4 Sevens SHOT show interview with David Chow

Status
Not open for further replies.

photonstorm

Newly Enlightened
Have you checked out the new Nutnfancy vid featuring 4Sevens at the SHOT show?

While Nutn interviews David he pulls out a Ti MiNi model made for CR2. Its slightly shorter than the MiNI 123. Great stuff.

David goes over how he develops a reflector for a flashlight and overviews the 4Sevens lineup.

They briefly discuss the new flashlight coming out.

Way to keep it real Nutn!

You can catch the video here.

Last edited:

Patriot

Flashaholic
I posted this over in the SHOT thread but then saw that photonstorm posted it here. Nice to see other Nutnfancy fans here. Great video and some really nice "props" to CPF from David!

BentHeadTX

Flashlight Enthusiast
Loved the S1200!

SST-90 driven at (???) 3.5 amps with a LiFePO4 with a ton of finned copper to cool the puppy down. The "fist size" is nice, might as well use that considerable mass to assist getting you out of a jam. I just must remember that my wife would use it on me when she finds out the cost of the beast.

I know a LEO that would steal that light from me if given the chance... good stuff!

Then there is the G500, a XP-G driven at 1.5 amps and with the size, it should throw very well. Maybe a G500 on the left side and S1200 on the right? I'm sure there are some LEOs out there that ponder the indoor S1200 and the outdoor G500 for their next lights.

I think I'm going to buy the cheap :popcorn: to save up for an S1200, time to pull the Ramen noodle recipe book out.

Patriot

Flashaholic
Loved the S1200!

SST-90 driven at (???) 3.5 amps with a LiFePO4 with a ton of finned copper to cool the puppy down. The "fist size" is nice, might as well use that considerable mass to assist getting you out of a jam.

+1

A very interesting looking light with some great materials! This will be something I pre-order. Too bad it's a "3rd quarter" release date though.

4sevens

Flashlight Enthusiast

I know David monitors these threads so I'll say here and now, I WANT 2 ASAP. :naughty:
:nana:

We're preparing a surprise "bundle" to go with the Qmini CR2 Ti to keep it shining for 10 years :D

Yeah Nutn ambushed us - there wasn't much warning. Everything was pretty much improv and not rehearsed - part of his characteristic "freestyle" coverage.

jtrucktools34

Newly Enlightened
This is either a really GOOD or really BAD time to be a Flashaholic!

:bow: to 47's

You are the master :rock:

LuxLuthor

Flashaholic

4sevens

Flashlight Enthusiast
Overall good video for being ambushed. Good lineup, David. LOL! You have to get that mini-123 @ 11:20 special functions twist down better though! LOL!

Did you find your G500? (@ 11:55)

The discussion at 15:00 about throw, IMHO, you should really consider an effective aspheric model. Proof of concept has already been demonstrated:

https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/202045
https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/211519

Great shoutout to the CPF at 18:00
I was so nervous my hands were shaking. I didn't twist fast enough :p

Yes the G500 turned up. It was in one of my staff's luggage :whistle:
I don't like aspherics because 1) the project the shape of the die 2) almost no flood at all - tunnel vision 3) it's pretty much for bragging rights - a niche product at best. Sure, we've got some stuff we've been playing with but we're looking to make tools first over toys, not the other way around. It doesn't hurt to have a fun toy, but it needs to be functional as well as practical.

:)

Nice job David, makes me miss the good old days when I was there in the booth, that nutnfancy guy is a little annoying, but I was just looking at the new lights.
Yeah we missed you this year. You should have flown out :p

4sevens

Flashlight Enthusiast
David, you tease, if you would've said the word I'd have been there. hell, I've still got my fenix polo shirt even. the booth has come a long way, but no Ariel...
word.

oops too late :p

Sorry the fenix polo is history, we're past that :)

Give me a call next year :p

Status
Not open for further replies.