Nitecore? No updated/new products?

ImGeo

Newly Enlightened
Does anyone know details about Nitecore? They seem to not be releasing updated products. Also, a while ago, 4Sevens seems to have basically sold-out (clearanced) all Nitecore products.

Is there some problem with Nitecore (like there was with Eagletac)?

hammerface

Newly Enlightened
I'm curious too what's going on. I've had quite a few nitecore lights and love them all. My latest favorite being the SR3.

Hopefully they've got some new stuff in the works :twothumbs

Chroma

Newly Enlightened
Also curious. Noticed that 4sevens only has one flashlight on sale (NDI) and everything else out of stock with no mention of re-orders.

Ajay

Enlightened
Seems like they were absent from Shot Show but their website has this:

21/1/2010 NiteCore will take part in the ISPO China Winter 2010 6th. International Trade during March 4-6,2010...

Read in full: http://www.nitecore.com/index.html

I hope they have new stuff... why would they go to a trade show if they didn't?

:wave:

Cheapskate

Enlightened
I have had a feeling for a month or so now that Nitecore were running down inventories in preparation for new products. My guess is some totally new products or just upgrades involving newer emitters.

Phantom502

Newly Enlightened
I have had a feeling for a month or so now that Nitecore were running down inventories in preparation for new products. My guess is some totally new products or just upgrades involving newer emitters.

I thought the same for some time myself. But why they discontinued the D10 is a mystery. I hope something unique comes along sometime soon.

Anto

Enlightened
I replaced the emitter in my nitecore extreme with an xpg r4 and I love it. Focused it a bit to have the same hotspot as the q5. All that's left Is to add a nice fat heatsink under the stock emitter pedistal.

Ajay

Enlightened
I replaced the emitter in my nitecore extreme with an xpg r4 and I love it. Focused it a bit to have the same hotspot as the q5. All that's left Is to add a nice fat heatsink under the stock emitter pedistal.

PICS!! Please. Let's see that heatsink too.

Policetacteam

Enlightened
I am also curious about what is going on with Nitecore! I have been waiting for a Nitecore Extreme for months. I was notifiedon January 26, 2010 by 4Sevens which stated,

"Our communication with Nitecore and their factory has been persistent over the last three months and we have been urging them to ship our outstanding orders as quickly as possible. However there have been several production issues, and our projected shipping dates have been repeatedly pushed back. This has been very frustrating for us, and we apologize for not being able to provide these items to our customers".

There is more but you get the idea. Regardless of what the reasons are it is unfortunate that Nitecore is unable resolve their "production issues" because they make a very high quality light. I would think for a relatively new company to the flashlight industry this could not be good for their business or their reputation! Lets hope that their issues, whatever they may be, get resolved quickly!!!

[email protected]

Newly Enlightened
I'm also having a problem finding the Nitecore Defender Infinity. Nothing on 4Sevens or LightJunction. Amazon is out. Where else should I try?

Also if I do find one -- any recommendations on the R2, Golden Dragon or the "Warm Tint" Q3 for this light?

aimxplode

Enlightened
Jetbeam and Nitecore are both owned by Sysmax Ind. Trading, which leads me to speculate that newer production lights will all just fall under the Jetbeam brand. Alot of people have been reporting poor quality control from later Nitecore lights, so this might be for the better.

Cheapskate

Enlightened
I'm also having a problem finding the Nitecore Defender Infinity. Nothing on 4Sevens or LightJunction. Amazon is out. Where else should I try?

Also if I do find one -- any recommendations on the R2, Golden Dragon or the "Warm Tint" Q3 for this light?

I have an NDI. I have had issues with it and as a result I can't bring myself to recommend it, though I love mine. The head threads wore out due to embeded grit, courtesy of the factory. I was an early adopter and I suspect the latter ones probably had better QC and design changes. I would go for an R2. They apppear to still have them here: http://www.flashaholics.co.uk/nitecore/nitecore-ndi.html

I am replacing my NDI with a Sunwayman V10A and think it a very good, if not better substitute.

tam17

Enlightened
Jetbeam and Nitecore are both owned by Sysmax Ind. Trading, which leads me to speculate that newer production lights will all just fall under the Jetbeam brand.

Updates provided by our member in a recent thread prove that Sysmax (at least for the time being) continues with both Nitecore and Jetbeam flashlight brands.

I hope they're are going to keep up with their reputation despite the recent turbulences...

Cheers,

Tam

aimxplode

Enlightened
Updates provided by our member in a recent thread prove that Sysmax (at least for the time being) continues with both Nitecore and Jetbeam flashlight brands.

I hope they're are going to keep up with their reputation despite the recent turbulences...

Cheers,

Tam

Well that's bittersweet news. Good that they will keep producing unique, awesome looking lights, but bad because their QC has been horrendous, which kept me from buying a EX11.2

d_rasp

Newly Enlightened
I'm still hoping to find my EX10 on my doorstep one day. . .was my EDC for two years +, body broke, bought another body from someone lucky enough to score one of the Ti EX10 kits, then the light engine stopped working reliably, sent the light to the address NiteCore provided for service (in China) & was then told that it should go to a different address - AFTER having shipped the light. I asked over & over why they couldn't just have the first address (which they had given me) forward the light and never got a real answer. I've pretty much given up & am assuming the light is lost. VERY disappointing CS experience - just being asked to send a light to China for service seems a little nuts, but I have a real attachment to it & just wanted it to work.

Learned my lesson though - replaced it w/ an HDS & will NOT be shipping that light to China for any reason. ;)

pjandyho

Flashlight Enthusiast
All the Nitecore that I have bought recently have been disappointment after disappointments. Extremely poor QC and over rated output. I promised myself I will never ever touch another Nitecore product.

pjandyho

Flashlight Enthusiast
Did you see the thread on the TM11 (Tiny Monster 11)?

Who? Me? Yes I have seen, and whatever Nitecore produces right now is not important. Their QC sucks and they are not the only manufacturer around. If I want high powered lights then I have other manufacturers. Sorry but Nitecore just failed to impress me anymore.