Experts help me, please!

rezin23

Newly Enlightened
I have an $80 budget and I want a light similar in size to the Fenix TK-12 R2, and I would get the TK-12 R2 but is has an OP reflector, and I am looking for something that throws far. The light will be mounted on an AR-15 so it has to be able to withstand the recoil, and the light also has to have a fast strobe mode, above 12Hz. Should I wait and see about these new SST-50 lights? Could a light the size of the TK-12 with an SST-50 put out more than 400 lumen OTF?

old4570

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yes , 18650 size lights can put out over 400 Lumen ..
If you need throw , you might look at dedicated throwers ..

Spear clones throw well ! [ Just got one myself ]
The one I got seems to be very well made , offers good run time , and should throw 200+Yards ..

Fenix Tk-12 size , your looking at 100-150 Yards , maybe 200 if you can find one with a really good XR-E R2 emitter that can do close to 300Lumen OTF or has a really HOT hotspot .

I might have owned at least 10 P60 R2 drop ins over the last year , and only 2 out of those have been really outstanding .. I mean outstanding ...

So I would say , take a look at the throwers !

HS-802 / Spear Clone / L2
Just for size comparison ...
The 802 throws close to 300Yards , I only got the Spear clone today , but would say it will throw harder , the L2 is good to 100Yards [ XP-G R5 ] a R2 will be good for another 50 Yards , and a really good R2 can be good for another 50 again .

Hope this helps .

Last edited:

Gunner12

Flashaholic
How much throw do you need? Also, keep in mind that more lumen doesn't mean more throw. A relatively low lumen laser throws a lot further then a high lumen flood light.

What's your price range?

A Spear clone would throw well, but I'm not sure about the durability.

:welcome:

Zeva

Newly Enlightened
id look into the master pro1 by solar force I just got one and the throw is quite far! here