Help With New Olight M30

Mr.Pook

Newly Enlightened
So I spent weeks researching the perfect Law Enforcement EDC within my price range, and finally settled on the Olight M30 Triton. The light arrived today, and I was ecstatic.

Alas, I put in the batteries...no light. I put in new batteries...still no light.

I double, triple and quadruple checked the polarity, and it is correct. I initially used the CR123s that came with the light. I then put in some energizer 3v 123s. That pretty much exhausts my knowledge of fixing flashlights.

I would greatly appreciate some advice on how to troubleshoot this thing so I can use it right away. I'd hate to have to send it back and wait another couple-few weeks for the darned manufacturer.

Thanks in advanced for any advice, and thanks to CPF for a great resource.

hyperloop

Flashlight Enthusiast
have you tried disassembling the entire light, cleaning all contact points with isopropyl alcohol or deoxit and try it again? It's strange that an Olight not work fresh out of the box.

Painful Chafe

Enlightened
Remove the tailcap and short the negative of the battery to the part of the bottom of the flashlight were it is not anodized. Use needle nose plyers or something like that. You will be bypassing the tail cap. If the light works the problem is in the tailcap which may be fixable. Try is and let us know.

skyfire

Flashlight Enthusiast
contact the dealer, tell them your situation.

Tell them you want a REFUND, or EXCHANGE. i wouldnt keep that particular light.

i received a defective light last month, they offered to send it back to fenix in china under warranty. i learned my lesson to pay extra to a dealer with great service. i should of been more firm, about getting a refund or exchange.

bkumanski

Enlightened
Hmm, banned after one post? What's the deal? Odd, seems to have a legit question.:thinking:

tsask

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hmm, banned after one post? What's the deal? Odd, seems to have a legit question.:thinking:
now that you mention it I see what you mean. what gives?
If he bought it from a reputable dealer featured here at CPF he'll have no trouble getting service.