Whats new in AAA and AA?

Southernlight

Enlightened
Hi,

Ive been away for about 8 - 12 months :mecry: and I could use with a few more lights in AAA and/or AA. I use a Aeon and a SS LD01 daily. I feel I could use the slimmer AAAs more, runtime and price of the light are not big issues for me. A good low is important, around 1-3 lumens.

What is around in AAA (or AA) thats new in the last 12 months apart from the Preon that you would recommend?

Thank you in advance

Tim

hotlight

Enlightened
AAA- Liteflux LF2XT if you want a programmable light..... I have it, its a great light. All lights should be this programmable.

cistallus

Enlightened
The 4Sevens Quark Mini AA seems to be a hot item right now - see this thread that should keep you busy for a few weeks :laughing: : https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/251940

The ITP A3 EOS (1-AAA) mentioned in the previous post is rather similar to the Mini AA but less expensive - if you prefer AA there's the ITP A2 EOS Upgrade Edition.

Hitthespot

Flashlight Enthusiast
SureFire showed a new AA Flashlight at Shot this year. Will we see it released, who knows. SureFire has said the lights showed this year are coming?

Streamlight is also introducing a new AA and AAA light this year. They should be released in the next 3 to 4 weeks. I am looking forward to seeing these lights.

Bill

mcnair55

Flashlight Enthusiast
You could also add the ITP A2 and A3,members seem to like them and must admit I do as well.The A3 is very light and you forget you have it with you and packs a fair punch of light.

LEDninja

Flashlight Enthusiast
4SEVENS have the Preon kit. You can assemble as a 1AAA or 2AAA, clicky or twistie.

The neutral white LEDs are now available in some AA torches. Nitecore EZAAw and Quark mini.

brianch

Enlightened
Aside from the already mentioned I may add the JETBeam JET-1 Pro lights to be decent AA lights. I EDC a single AA JET-I Pro and I love it :tinfoil:

MojaveMoon07

Enlightened
Have there been any indoor or outdoor beamshots posted yet of the iTP A2 ? I tried a google search for "iTP A2" and couldn't find more than a informal review thread and a few scattered comments in a few threads.

MojaveMoon07

Enlightened
Search http://youtube.com for reviews of the Maratac AA equivalent, i.e.: Click HERE

Thank you, great suggestion.
icon14.gif

"Mag2D Vs. Maratac 9290 Vs. Maratac AA...Night Shots"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PNPO8t5Go2k

I sifted through the results. The person who posted this video stood outside on backyard patio with three different lights including the Maratac AA
[Real world photos and videos are usually a lot more helpful to me than pictures of a flashlight beam on a white wall]

joe1512

Enlightened
I'd like to see updated versions of the TK40 and itp Polestar lights or something similar.

i.e. Lights that use multiple AAs or AAAs in a battery pack or similar that get upgraded to use the SST-50 instead of the 2 generation-old MC-E.

Gary123

Enlightened
I finally caved in and bought a few Nitecore D10's (Q5 with ramping, Golden Dragon w/ ramping, latest R2 in a JHanko Ti body). Now I see what all the fuss has been about.

You could probably get brighter, but for form, reliability and ease of use, you don't get much better than these AA lights.

Buckley

Newly Enlightened
You could also add the ITP A2 and A3,members seem to like them and must admit I do as well.The A3 is very light and you forget you have it with you and packs a fair punch of light.

+1

The A3 upgrade is now my EDC keychain light. It has a beautiful beam, three nicely seperated levels, and is very unobtrusive in a pant pocket. Built quality is amazing for the price.

Southernlight

Enlightened
Well after all the advice and suggestions - thanks by the way, I'm starting off my restock with a 4sevens MiNi AA in titanium. Now for a AAA! :popcorn:

kaichu dento

Flashaholic
Well after all the advice and suggestions - thanks by the way, I'm starting off my restock with a 4sevens MiNi AA in titanium. Now for a AAA! :popcorn:
You're are really going to like that light and I suggest that you also try to get one of the EZAAw and for your AAA lights at least get an LF2XT and either a Maratac or iTP.

One last suggestion, since you mentioned you already have an Aeon, would be to check out Modamag's Drake and Draco. Tiny 3-level powerhouses with one user programmable setting and one of the smoothest beam patterns on the market!