• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired Two XP-G Solitaires... PICS ADDED

lolzertank

Enlightened
Have too many small and floody lights, need a thrower...

I am selling two Solitaires (one red, one blue) modified with Cree R4 bin XP-G's, Ledil's Lisa optics, and a 10440. I estimate these to be about 140 lumens from the drive current of 400mA with fresh cells and to have a runtime of about an hour since the light dims as the 10440 cell drains.

The tailcap is modified with a 1 ohm resistor. This way, the light is a twisty at the tail. It takes about 3/4 of a turn to turn on. The tailcap is not glued together, so it is possible to change the resistor if needed. You could short it out to do direct drive, which is unbelievably bright, although it runs VERY HOT. Therefore, I don't recommend direct driving the LED. This will not work on normal AAA's!

The blue one's switch is a little bit fincky, especially if the 10440 is short. It goes through a "off" -> "dim/flickery" -> "bright" as you turn the tailcap. As long as you tighten it all the way, it's not a problem.

The anodizing on the rim of the head of the red one is scratched off in a thin ring because I accidentally hit it against the ground while removing the reflector.

One AW/Soshine lithium ion 10440 is included with each one.

Price: $35 each ($65 for both) shipped by USPS First Class Mail to anywhere in the continental US. Paypal fees are included. Insurance is $2 extra. I'll throw in a Solitaire presentation box for the first one.

I'm pretty busy on weekdays, so I might not ship until the weekend. I'll also add pictures later.

DO NOT purchase this unless you know how to charge and handle unprotected lithium ion cells. They can be dangerous. By buying this, you acknowledge that you will use the cells at your own risk and that I will not be responsible if it explodes, ignites, or otherwise does damage.

Last edited:

lolzertank

Enlightened
Re: Two XP-G Solitaires...

Pictures!

IMG_9811.jpg

IMG_9812.jpg

A close up of where the red one's anodizing is scratched. (stupid me... :crazy:)
IMG_9813.jpg

Tailcaps, flashlights and batteries. :D
IMG_9814.jpg